Mt Hood Rentals for Remote Work and School
Posted by Betsy LaBarge | Tuesday, September 22, 2020
What is the one positive thing that many of us can enjoy in our current situation? Working and attending classes remotely from beautiful places! Many of us have been given the opportunity to work remotely for the foreseeable future. Our 40 minute commute has become a five minute stumble from the bed to the computer, PJ’s welcome. And we don’t have to work from the same four walls we live in… we can drive to a vacation cabin and spend our free time exploring a new area. And the kids can do their virtual school work from the cabin, too.
Working Remotely from Mt Hood, Oregon
Mt Hood, Oregon is an excellent place to escape to because you can enjoy a huge variety of outdoor activities that are comfortably distanced. Imagine going for a morning hike before catching your 10am conference call, or ending the day with a mountain bike ride through extraordinary fall colors. It’s a great way to shake up your work day and prevent the very dreaded burnout we all feel now that many group activities and social plans have been postponed.
Internet Speeds at Mt Hood Vacation Cabins
One important consideration to nail down before you plan your trip is what type of experience you are looking for. Do you have a full schedule of meetings that you need to attend? Does your job require you to be on call all the time? Are there mulitiple family members who all need to be online at the same time? If so, you will want a Mt Hood cabin with reliable, high-speed internet. On the flip side, maybe working remotely for you means finding a space where you can concentrate distraction free. We have cabins with slower internet speeds too, so the distractions of social media and the news don’t pull you too far away from your work. We’ve created this easy guide to vacation cabin internet speeds so that you can make the right choice for your upcoming trip.
Mt Hood Rentals with High Speed Internet (100 Mbps Download)
There’s nothing more frustrating than hopping on a business call and realizing you sound like a robot to the person on the other end. It’s unprofessional and can lead to a lot of stress – worst of all there is usually almost nothing you can do about it. If you’ve got multiple people working remotely (or attending classes virtually) while traveling, you’ll want to ensure the internet at the cabin you’re renting can do the job. We conduct speed tests at all of our Mt Hood cabins so you can rest assured that your meeting will go on without a hitch. Here are some of our vacation cabins with the fastest internet speeds:
Our Featured Property: Sandy River Retreat
Sandy River Retreat: This four bedroom vacation cabin sleeps up to eight people. Enjoy expansive views of the Sandy River, a pond with a waterfall, a wood burning fireplace and much more. This vacation cabin clocked in at 213.1 Mbps download last time we tested it.
More Mt Hood Cabins with High Speed Internet
- River View Cabin – 107.1 Mbps Download
- Rapid River Retreat – 562.8 Mbps Download
- Salmon River Rendezvous – 211.7 Mbps Download
- Cozy Bear Cabin – 194.2 Mbps Download
- Leilani Cottage – 191.7 Mbps Download
- River Breeze Chalet – 100.6 Mbps Download
Mt Hood Rentals with Distraction Free Internet Speeds (Under 20 Mbps Download)
These vacation cabins are for our authors, our philosophers, and all those who just need the temptation of social media and the internet kept at a safe distance. These Mt Hood vacation cabins all have slower internet speeds. You’ll still be able to access the internet when needed, but you won’t be tempted to binge-stream the latest season of New Girl or The Umbrella Academy. And you may find it easier to step outside and enjoy the nature surrounding you at Mt Hood.
Our Featured Property: Cedar Springs Cabin
Cedar Springs Cabin: This two bedroom vacation cabin sleeps up to six people. Enjoy a private hot tub, fireplace, BBQ, and patio at Cedar Springs Cabin. This custom built cabin clocked in at 1.3 Mbps download last time we tested it.
More Mt Hood Cabins with Distraction Fee Internet Speeds
- River Dance Retreat – 19.4 Mbps Download
- Cedarwood Lodge – 4.5 Mbps Download
- Moondance Cabin – 19.7 Mbps Download
- Riverwood Hideaway – 5.0 Mbps Download
- Riverwoods Lodge – 2.7 Mbps Download
- Deer View Retreat – 15.0 Mbps Download
- Cedar Creek Hideaway – 1.4 Mbps Download
- Forest View Lodge – 1.0 Mbps Download
- Tom’s Creek Haus – 8.8 Mbps Download
- Moosewood Cabin – 8.9 Mbps Download
- Mountain View Hideaway – 4.3 Mbps Download
- Riversong Retreat Guest Suite – 5.7 Mbps Download
- Marshall Cabin – 7.6 Mbps Download
- Holzhutte – 13.5 Mbps Download
- Huckleberry Mountain Lodge – 2.6 Mbps Download
Mt Hood Rentals with Medium Internet Speeds (21-100 Mbps Download)
These vacation cabins are for those who want a little bit of everything.
Our Featured Property: Bear Den Log Cabin
Bear Den Log Cabin: This two bedroom vacation cabin sleeps up to six people. You’ll love staying alongside Billy Creek and taking in the views from the expansive deck. This classic log cabin clocked in at 55.8 Mbps download last time we tested it.
More Mt Hood Cabins with Medium Internet Speeds
- Salmonberry Retreat – 40.7 Mbps Download
- Crystal Creek Chalet – 40.6 Mbps Download
- Zigzag Mountain Lodge – 60.9 Mbps Download
- Dream Catcher Cabin – 46.8 Mbps Download
- Thistle Dew – 57.5 Mbps Download
- Lazy Bear Lodge – 69.0 Mbps Download