Mt Hood Vacation Rentals Policies
As a guest of Mt Hood Vacation Rentals, you agree to the following policies:
Check-in: Check-in is at 4 PM.
Check-out: Check-out is 11 AM.
No-Contact Check-in Instructions
You will receive check-in information after we have received your signed Reservation Contract. Most of our vacation rentals have keyless entries. You will be emailed the driving directions and check-in instructions for your vacation rental including your unique door code, the afternoon prior to your arrival. For homes with keyed entries, you will be emailed the driving directions and check-in instructions for your vacation rental with key pick-up information, the afternoon prior to your arrival. Your keys, maps and directions will be available in a locked mailbox at our office located at 67898 E Highway 26, Welches after 4 PM. We request that you lock up the vacation rental and return keys to the drop box at our office at 11 AM.
Follow our Driving Directions as GPS units tend to be unreliable, inaccurate and often incorrectly plot the location of our office and our vacation rentals throughout the Villages of Mt Hood.
- Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
- Rates are based upon maximum occupancy; for safety reasons, we cannot exceed maximum occupancy for each home.
- Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Vacation Rental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance
- Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions: 3-night to 5-night minimum stays may be required during Holiday Weekends, Spring Break, Summer, Thanksgiving Weekend and Christmas Vacation
Pet Rent: More than 3/4 of our homes allow dogs. If you wish to travel with your dog, Mt Hood Vacation Rentals must be informed in advance. Your dog(s) must be registered with us and may only come along if you are staying in a pet-friendly home. Otherwise please leave your dogs at home. We welcome dogs only; all other pets may be considered on a case-by-case basis. We charge $25 pet rent + 7.8% lodging tax per night for the privilege of bringing your dog. Sorry, but cats are not permitted in any of our vacation rentals.
Guest Services Fee: The Guest Services Fee which is added to each reservation includes:
- Reservation processing
- Concierge services during office hours including discounted lift tickets, Sno-Park permits and Northwest Forest Passes plus recreation, restaurant and shopping recommendations
- Emergency after-hours services 24/7/365 including lock-outs
- Assistance with home electronics
- Delivery of firewood, additional towels or supplies as requested by guest (may include a charge for the items delivered)
- Complimentary wifi access (in locations where wifi is available)
- Complimentary copy / fax services (in our office – up to 10 pages per day)
The Guest Services Fee will vary depending upon the home you rent. The Guest Services Fee is non-refundable.
Lodging Taxes: There will be a 6% County Lodging Tax and 1.8% State Lodging Tax calculated & charged on the total rental rate.
Vacation Rental Travel Insurance: Mt Hood Vacation Rentals offers Red Sky Travel Insurance to every guest. Vacation Rental Travel Insurance reimburses you for pre-paid, non-refundable rent and tax due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. You may be able to receive a refund of rent and tax if you have purchased the insurance. We strongly recommend that you purchase this valuable protection. If you decline to purchase travel insurance, you acknowledge you have read and understand our cancellation policy and choose not to purchase Red Sky Travel Insurance on behalf of all occupants and guests of your reservation. If you choose to purchase Red Sky Travel Insurance, the full premium is paid when you make your first payment which is non-refundable. There is a 14 Day Free Look with the purchase of travel insurance. After the 14 Day Free Look (14 days after you make your first payment) the insurance premium is non-refundable. Red Sky Travel Insurance is authorized by the Oregon Department of Insurance. For questions concerning the travel insurance, please review the benefits of the policy at www.mountaintrippreserver.com or call 866-889-7409.
Accidental Damage Protection: Accidental Damage Protection is a non-refundable $30.00 fee assessed per reservation that covers accidental damages up to $1,500.00 in value to the vacation rental property; theft of items in the vacation rental property is not covered. Damage caused by acts of violence, malicious behavior or negligence by the guest will not be covered.
- Accidental Damage Protection coverage is limited to the vacation rental property you are occupying under the terms of your reservation confirmation and does not cover any other structure or property.
- Accidental Damage Protection covers damages to the interior of the vacation rental property including furnishings, appliances and other fixtures.
- Accidental Damage Protection coverage includes limited damage to the exterior of the vacation rental property you are occupying including porches and decks.
- Accidental Damage Protection does not cover damages to the hot tub due to a guest not following Mt Hood Vacation Rentals’ hot tub policies. If the hot tub requires any extra maintenance or repairs due to misuse during your visit, you will be charged a minimum of $250.00 for the cost of repairs and maintenance.
- Accidental Damage Protection does not cover loss, theft or damage of guests’ personal items such as luggage, clothing, electronics, vehicles, sporting equipment, food or any other items that are not a part of the vacation rental property.
- Accidental Damage Protection does not cover damages caused by acts of God, nature, weather or weather-related situations, mechanical or electrical failure, normal wear and tear or power failures.
- Accidental Damage Protection does not cover loss of use of the vacation rental property for any reason.
- Accidental damage must be reported to Mt Hood Vacation Rentals immediately for the expense incurred to repair the damage to be covered.
- Guest is responsible for charges due to damages over and above $1,500.00.
- Accidental Damage Protection coverage begins upon guest arrival on check in day and ends upon guest departure on check out day.
- Guest may choose to waive the Accidental Damage Protection and pay a refundable security deposit of $1,500.00 to cover potential damages which is due in full upon booking of the reservation. The security deposit less any expenses for damages may be refunded up to 30 days after departure.
Cancellations: Upon receipt of payment, it becomes non-refundable. If you need to cancel and have not purchased the Travel Insurance, there will be no refunds. Policies and rates are subject to change without notice. There will be no refunds due to acts of God, nature, weather or weather-related situations, mechanical or electrical failure, ski or golf conditions, power failures or family feuds unless specifically covered by Red Sky Travel Insurance.
Changes: Prior to your final payment due date, there is no charge to change your reservation. Once your payment has become non-refundable, there are no changes allowed.
No Smoking: All of our homes are non-smoking. We ask that guests who wish to smoke do so outside only and use the ashtrays provided. Please do not litter the grounds of the rental home with cigarette butts or matches.
Payment Policy: 50% of the total amount due is payable at the time of booking and is non-refundable. The balance of the full payment is due and non-refundable 45 days prior to arrival.
Payment Method: We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and cash.
Limited Occupancy: Clackamas County and our safety code determine the occupancy level of each home. We do not allow sleeping on the floor, sofas or any other furniture that is not designated as a sleeping area. We do not allow camping in tents, on decks or patios or in RVs or campers on the property. Each vacation rental home has a clearly stated maximum occupancy, which may not be exceeded. Additional guests joining your group up to the maximum occupancy limit must be pre-approved by Mt Hood Vacation Rentals & additional rent must be paid in advance. Unauthorized guests will be evicted immediately. The primary registered guest on the reservation must be over 25 years of age and must be staying at the vacation rental for the entire visit. The primary registered guest will be held responsible for any expenses incurred during the visit. No guests who are under 25 years of age may stay in the rental home unless they are with their parents or legal guardians.
Parking: Each vacation rental home has clearly stated maximum parking. There is no street parking permitted or available at any of our vacation rentals. During the winter months, please drive vehicles that are properly equipped to drive in snowy and icy conditions. Additional vehicles may be towed at vehicle owner's expense. RVs, campers or trailers may not be parked at the rental home or on the rental property for other people to use. Tents are not permitted on decks or on the surrounding grounds.
Repairs & Service Calls: Because we are in a rural area, it is often difficult to get repairs done the same day we are made aware of their need. Please be patient if something is not working properly and we will do our best to remedy the situation as quickly as possible.
Amenities: Most of our vacation rental homes are fully furnished and supplied including full kitchens with all appliances (refrigerator/freezer, stove top, oven, dishwasher, microwave & toaster), TV, telephone with unlimited long distance, washer/dryer, fireplace or woodstove & all bed, bath & kitchen linens. For a full list of amenities, please click on the "Amenities" tab on the web page for the home you are renting. All you need to bring is your food and personal items.
Telephones & Internet Access: All of our vacation rental homes are equipped with a telephone and free unlimited long distance dialing. Many of our homes have include WiFi Internet connections that are free for you to use. Because of the tall trees and mountains, cell phones do not get a signal at all of the rental homes.
Hot Tubs: Most of our vacation rental homes provide a private outdoor hot tub. If there is a hot tub at your rental, read and follow the instructions provided to you at check-in regarding use. We make every effort to keep the hot tubs clean, well maintained and in good working order. Due to the logistics of living on the mountain, we cannot always arrange for timely repairs or guarantee the mechanical operation of the equipment. Do not adjust anything on the hot tub except the jets and lights. If the hot tub requires any extra maintenance or repairs due to misuse during your visit, you will be charged a minimum of $250 for the cost of repairs and maintenance. If for any reason, the hot tub is not operating properly, we do not offer refunds.
Furnishings & Equipment: All vacation rental homes are privately owned properties furnished and equipped by its owner. As such, Mt Hood Vacation Rentals cannot make any changes to the furnishings or equipment provided by the owner. If you require special appliances or equipment, please bring them with you. Decor, style, and color will vary & furnishings are subject to change without notice. Under no circumstances are furniture, bedding, mattress pads, utensils or any other property supplied with the rental property to be taken out or transferred from one property to another; you will be charged to retrieve or replace rental home property that is removed from the home. Moving of furniture is prohibited; do not move furniture or otherwise remodel the home. You will be charged for the time it takes to move furniture and for any repairs of any damages caused by moving items. Each rental home has a locked storage area for the owner's personal items and supplies; please do not attempt to open locked storage areas.
Fireplaces & Firewood: All of our rental homes are equipped with a fireplace or woodstove. If your home has a wood-burning fireplace or woodstove, we will provide complementary amount of firewood - about 10 pieces for each night of your visit. You may bring additional firewood with you, purchase it from our office during regular business hours or at local stores. If the home has a gas fireplace, firewood may not be burned in the fireplace. This will damage the fireplace; you will be charged for repairs. Do not burn trash or other items in the fireplaces or woodstoves.
Outside Fires & Barbecues: Please do not build fires outside unless there is a specifically designated firepit on the property. You must provide your own wood for outside fires. Do not waste the firewood for the house or cut down trees. Most years, outside fires are banned by July 4th. While cooking on barbecues, be sure there is someone monitoring the BBQ at all times. Leave coals and ashes from BBQ's, fireplaces and woodstoves where they are; we will dispose of them later. Make sure you clean the BBQ's and turn off the propane after each use. Fireworks of any kind are not permitted at any time.
Bugs, Critters & Bears: Sometimes, non-human residents of the mountain may decide to join you at your vacation home. We hope you enjoy watching the variety of wildlife such as birds, bats, deer, raccoons, chipmunks and the occasional black bear that live in this mountain community. There are bears and other wild animals (as well as neighborhood dogs) in the area that would like nothing more than to get into your garbage or to clean the BBQ grill for you. Be sure not to leave any food or garbage outside and to clean the BBQ grill after each use.
Housekeeping: All of our vacation rental homes are completely cleaned and sanitized before your arrival and after your departure. You are on vacation, so relax, we will do the cleaning. There are just a few things we ask you to do upon departure.
- Please do not put linens in washer; we will professionally launder them in our commercial laundry facility.
- Load the dishwasher and turn it on. Clean the kitchen of any food spills. Take left-over food with you.
- Gather all trash and put it in the outdoor container.
- Leave recyclable items in the recycling containers provided.
- Clean carpet and floor spills.
- Check closets, drawers and under beds for personal items.
- Turn off hot tub jets and lights. Refer to your hot tub letter for specific instructions.
- Please do not move or rearrange furniture.
- Be sure fires in woodstoves or fireplaces are dead out.
- Turn down heat down to 60°. Turn off all lights.
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Return all keys to the office by 11 AM.
Parties, Weddings & Events: We do not allow parties, weddings or other special events at our vacation rentals. The minimum fee is $2000 for any unauthorized event that we find out about after the fact. We reserve the right to deny occupancy to any group who has an unauthorized party or event at the rental home. There will be no refund of rent or other taxes and fees for unauthorized events.
Courtesy to Neighbors: The renter agrees to use the property in a fashion for which it is reasonably intended. The renter will not act in a manner that will infringe upon other guests' or neighbors' rights, enjoyment or use of property or adjacent property. Respect quiet times and keep noise levels down between 9 PM and 9 AM. The following items are strictly prohibited in the rental home, on the property of the rental home or on property adjacent to the rental home: no paint balls, no water balloons, no BB guns, no fireworks, no cigarette butts, no beer caps, no stickers.
Construction: Mt Hood Vacation Rentals cannot predict construction projects in the neighborhood of the home you will be staying in. You may reserve a house at a time when there is no construction in progress nearby, but construction could begin prior to your arrival. We regret any inconvenience that may result, but have no control in these situations and are not able to facilitate relocations or refunds.
Lost & Found: We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. If we find an item that you left behind, we will call you to let you know. You will be charged for shipping plus a minimum $25 handling fee for any items left behind that you request Mt Hood Vacation Rentals to return.
Power Outages: During the winter months, the mountain may experience power outages due to winter weather conditions including wind, rain, fallen trees, ice or sometimes traffic accidents. For us, periodic blackouts are a way of life. As a visitor, you may feel a bit uneasy; we understand that, so to put your mind at ease, we have stocked each house with flashlights and battery-operated lights. Typically the power will be restored within a few hours; you can call PGE at 503-464-7777 for more details for the house you are staying in.
Substitutions: Mt Hood Vacation Rentals reserves the right to substitute comparable accommodations, without notice or liability, should the vacation rental home you have rented be out of order or unavailable. When comparable accommodations are not available, you will have the option of selecting from available rental homes at the published rate.
Right of Entry: Mt Hood Vacation Rentals shall have the right at any and all reasonable times to enter and inspect the premises.
Eviction: Mt Hood Vacation Rentals reserves the right to evict at any time any guest who is not in compliance with the above stated policies. There will be no refunds for evictions due to non-compliance with the policies.
Legal Action: The renter shall pay any and all legal fees and costs to the owner and/or agent if any action or suit shall be brought about by the owner or agent for the recovery of rent due, reimbursement of damages, cleaning or other expenses incurred by the renter or to enforce any right hereby conferred, or the recovery of the possession of the premises.