Stay with us at Crystal Creek Chalet
About this Vacation Rental
Crystal Creek Chalet provides a secluded and restful setting along the Salmon River for Mt Hood getaways. Take in the panoramic views of Hunchback Mountain and the Salmon River from the deck and dining room or enjoy the scenic meadows, creeks and ponds while strolling through the naturally landscaped grounds. A short 5-minute walk down a wooded trail will lead you to the banks of the Salmon River where you can dip your toes during the summer or cast a line for salmon or steelhead.
Prepare a meal on the gas BBQ on the deck overlooking the river and enjoy spending time with your friends and family while you share stories of your day’s adventures exploring Mt Hood. Hike along the trails on the property and watch for deer in the meadow at dawn and dusk every day. Winter snow provides your own private snow play area in the yard.
Curl up on the sofa with a good book in front of the fireplace or watch TV, movies or sporting events in the vaulted great room accented with burnished knotty pine walls. You will be close to Mt Hood activities like hiking and biking trails, restaurants and shops.
This 3-level, 4-bedroom lodge provides plenty of privacy and space for 10 guests with 1 king bed, 3 queen beds and 1 full bed and 3 bathrooms. Your dogs are welcome to join you at the Crystal Creek Chalet for an additional charge.
Protecting your family and your friends in a Mt Hood Vacation Rental
• We utilize EPA-approved chemicals to clean and disinfect the Crystal Creek Chalet after every visit so you can rest assured that everything is perfectly disinfected.
• We follow specialized processes and procedures to contain soiled linens on their way out of the Crystal Creek Chalet and to protect clean linens being delivered to the cabin to ensure there is no cross contamination.
• We launder all linens in our commercial laundry facility using detergents, sanitizers, bleach and high temperatures to kill any microbes.
• Our professional inspectors follow our cleaning teams to ensure the Crystal Creek Chalet is clean and ready for your family and friends to enjoy safely.
• We have implemented “no-contact” check-in and check-out procedures to ensure your safety. We are available by phone and email should you need assistance or have questions.
• Overlooking the Salmon River in Welches
• Private Acreage: Ponds, Meadows & Trails
• 2 Wood-burning Fireplaces
• Starter Supply of Firewood Provided
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen
• 1 King Bed in Downstairs Bedroom
• 2 Queen Beds in 2nd Downstairs Bedroom
• 1 Full Bed in the 1st Upstairs Bedroom
• 1 Queen Bed in the 2nd Upstairs Bedroom
• 3 Full Bathrooms
• Indoor Jetted Soaking Tub
• Deck with Propane BBQ and Deck Furniture
• Cable TV
• Land Line Phone w / Free Long Distance (limited cell service)
• Internet Speed: Medium - 20 - 100 Mbps
• Washer / Dryer
• Your Dog is Welcome
• Note: Snowy roads and steep driveway require traction devices (chains or snow tires) and 4WD for access during the winter
• No Smoking
• 2656 Square Feet
• Property Elevation: 1350 Feet
• Parking: Max 4 Vehicles, No Street Parking
• Sleeps 10
• No Parties, Weddings or Events, Please
• Payment Policy: 50% of the total amount due is payable at the time of booking and is non-refundable. The balance of the full payment is due and non-refundable 45 days prior to arrival.
Entertainment / Electronics
- Cable TV
- Land Line w/ Long Distance
- WiFi - Medium, 20-99 Mbps
- Booster Seat Rentals
- Pack n Play Rentals
- Dog Friendly
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linens
- Forced Air Heating
- Great Room
- Hot Tub Towels
- Walk-in Shower
- Whirlpool Tub
- Wood-burning Fireplace
- View Windows
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Washer & Dryer
- Covered Porch
- Riverfront / Creekside Access
- Secluded (No Next Door Neighbor)
- Walking Trails
- Riverfront / Creekside
- Deck Furniture
- Gas Grill
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Electric Range
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Linens
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Waffle Iron
- Enter your arrival date and departure date
- Enter the number of adults and number of children who will be traveling with you
- Enter "Yes" if you will be bringing a dog with you
- Then, click on "Calculate Rental Cost"
The rental rate for this vacation rental is $190-405/Night.
Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night in our pet-friendly homes, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Accidental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Rates are subject to change at any time.
Once a year we book a vacation that includes our immediate family, and for 2020, we decided last year we would like to do something different, and that would be a cabin getaway. The Crystal Creek Chalet was exactly what wew were hoping for. The cabin was very clean, well stocked with all of the ammenities. The beds were very comfortable, the surrounding woods were tranquil and serene, we cannot wait to return.
Services from rental manager
We greatly enjoyed our stay at the chalet with its large windows, deck overlooking the river, and secludedness from neighbors. The river was viewed from the deck, but not accessible from the house, and we enjoyed sitting out and enjoying the peaceful setting. There was a field and pond on the property, but we weren't lucky to see any wildlife. It is worth noting that all bedrooms were either downstairs or upstairs, making it challenging to those with limited mobility as the stairs were steep to the basement, and the bannister was wobbly upstairs. The house was comfortable and featured woodsy decor, a well-stocked kitchen, and a quirky but fun layout (bathroom off the kitchen, hot tub indoors) but could have used some more niceties (extra towels) and home repairs (lots of horseflies in the basement, wobbly bannister, jammed shower door, non-working thermostat, non-locking lockbox). The laundry center was very appreciated, as we didn't have to pack as much on our trip. The Mt Hood Vacation Rentals staff were quick to respond to the non-working items, and sent out a repairman on a Sunday, who was very nice and professional. Unfortunately, we stayed during the fierce windstorm and fires that affected the region, and our power was shut off preemptively, spending a scary night in the dark. Mt. Hood Vacation Rentals sent out an email about the upcoming power outage; however we were unable to access it in time. It would have been nice if the company reached out to us by phone as well, both before and after the windstorm. The property was just a few minutes from Highways 26 and 35, and located centrally among the Mt. Hood villages and lots of local hiking opportunities. It was only an hour or less away from Portland, the Columbia River Gorge, Hood River, and all the landmark waterfalls too. Overall, we had a fun and relaxing time (before the natural disasters) and recommend the Crystal Creek Chalet in Mt. Hood to all.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Crystal Creek Chalet. There is a trail to the river about half way down the driveway.
Services from rental manager
It was an idyllic setting and wonderful to get to experience some late winter snowfall in the serene backdrop of mount hood.
Services from rental manager