Stay with us at Rapid River Retreat
About this Vacation Rental
You will have a quiet, relaxing vacation at the Rapid River Retreat, one of our most popular vacation rentals. Sit by the Sandy River with your morning coffee or a glass of wine in the afternoon and see and hear the Sandy River rushing by. With the west-facing backyard, you will soak in lots of afternoon sunshine while grilling dinner on the Weber gas BBQ. After dinner roast marshmallows and tell tall tales gathered around the firepit. The private, outdoor hot tub next to the river will cap off a day of fun and an evening of relaxation.
The vaulted great room is perfect for a gathering of friends and family who like to cook with the spacious open kitchen and second prep area with its own sink. You can sit around the large dining table for dinner and enjoy the river and mountain views through the floor-to-ceiling picture windows. The wood-burning fireplace warms the home and adds to the mountain lodge ambiance.
This home is perfectly suited for three couples or a small family with three bedrooms (1 king, 2 queens) accommodating up to 6 guests. There are two full bathrooms, one upstairs and one downstairs. Each bedroom looks out over the Sandy River and the Cascade foothills in the background adding to the relaxing atmosphere.
The kids will love adventuring in the forest surrounding the Rapid River Retreat as well as finding fun places to explore throughout the Villages of Mt Hood. Your dog will be happy that you brought him along on this getaway retreat with the river to play in and the gated, dead-end road for taking long walks. The national forest just across the street from the cabin is a perfect place for your dog to explore and run.
Protecting your family and your friends in a Mt Hood Vacation Rental
• We utilize EPA-approved chemicals to clean and disinfect the Rapid River Retreat after every visit so you can rest assured that everything is perfectly disinfected.
• We follow specialized processes and procedures to contain soiled linens on their way out of the Rapid River Retreat and to protect clean linens being delivered to the cabin to ensure there is no cross contamination.
• We launder all linens in our commercial laundry facility using detergents, sanitizers, bleach and high temperatures to kill any microbes.
• Our professional inspectors follow our cleaning teams to ensure the Rapid River Retreat is clean and ready for your family and friends to enjoy safely.
• We have implemented “no-contact” check-in and check-out procedures to ensure your safety. We are available by phone and email should you need assistance or have questions.
• On the Sandy River in Zigzag
• Open Great Room
• Quiet Dead-end Road in a Gated Neighborhood
• Wood-burning Fireplace
• Starter Supply of Firewood Provided
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen
• 1 King Bed in Master Bedroom Upstairs
• 1 Queen Bed in Bedroom Upstairs
• 1 Queen Sofa Bed in Master Bedroom Upstairs
• 1 Queen Bed in Bedroom Downstairs
• 2 Full Bathrooms
• Private, Outdoor Hot Tub
• Deck with Propane BBQ and Deck Furniture
• Cable TV
• Internet Speed: High - more than 100 Mbps
• Land Line Phone w / Free Long Distance (limited cell service)
• Washer / Dryer
• Your Dogs are Welcome!
• No Smoking
• 1832 Square Feet
• Property Elevation: 1550 Feet
• Note: Snowy roads and driveway require traction devices (chains or snow tires) and 4WD for access during the winter
• Parking: Max 3 Vehicles, No Street Parking
• Sleeps 8
• No Parties, Weddings or Events, Please
• Payment Policy: 50% of the total amount due is payable at the time of booking and is non-refundable. The balance of the full payment is due and non-refundable 45 days prior to arrival.
Entertainment / Electronics
- Cable TV
- Land Line w/ Long Distance
- TV in Master
- Wifi - Fast, 100+ Mpps
- Booster Seat Rentals
- Pack n Play Rentals
- Dog Friendly
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linens
- Forced Air Heating
- Great Room
- Hot Tub Towels
- Master Suite
- Walk-in Shower
- Wood-burning Fireplace
- View Windows
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Washer & Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Slow Cooker
- Smooth Electric Cook Top
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Linens
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Waffle Iron
- Covered Porch
- Path / Trail to Water
- Riverfront / Creekside Access
- Walking Trails
- Riverfront / Creekside
- Deck Furniture
- Gas Grill
- Private Hot Tub
- Enter your arrival date and departure date
- Enter the number of adults and number of children who will be traveling with you
- Enter "Yes" if you will be bringing a dog with you
- Then, click on "Calculate Rental Cost"
The rental rate for this vacation rental is $225-440/Night.
Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night in our pet-friendly homes, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Accidental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Rates are subject to change at any time.
This place was exactly like the pictures and more!
Services from rental manager
What a peaceful, relaxing place!
We had a wonderful stay with our family. The location is fabulous situated toward the end of a tree lined road on the Sandy river, great place to take off from and come home to. We cooked, barbequed, read, hot rubbed, had fun with the jigsaw puzzles, ate, hiked, ate, explored, ate, kayaked,visited Timberline lodge, zig zag falls, the nature preserve...all in all a great time! The staff is top notch! You would be hard pressed to find a more caring, professional group of folks! Thanks a bunch!
Services from rental manager
Rapid River Retreat is exactly that. We were looking for a place to get away, relax and rejuvenate and this was the ideal location. The property tucked away at the end of a private gated lane exudes privacy. We spend the majority of our time outside enjoying the view and sounds of the river. Our goal was to stay put and we did. We never had a need to leave the property. The property description was right on – this property is truly a retreat!
The house is perfect for relaxing and hanging out. Lots of open and light spaces with a great room living environment. The layout is very conducive to a family gathering. Do not worry about packing any kitchen utensils or cookware – this place has it all. Whatever we looked for we found.
The entire property inside and out was very well maintained and kept up. There were several special touches and amenities throughout the home that that were nice to have access to, especially the spa towels and pre-measured sanitizer for the hot tub.
This is our 4th stay with Mt Hood Vacation Rentals. Mt Hood Vacation Rentals are experts at providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that the guest experience is what they are looking for.
Thanks again MHVR we can't wait to book our next stay.
Sue, we are so happy to know that you were able to rejuvenate and relax at the Rapid River Retreat during your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you for your 5th visit to Mt Hood.
Services from rental manager