Stay with us at Marshall Cabin
About this Vacation Rental
Ski or snowshoe to this modern cabin surrounded by snowy forest in the winter. During the winter months ski and snowshoe around Trillium Lake or relax inside by the fire and watch the snow fall outside. Downtown Government Camp is just two miles from the cabin. Winter access is 1 1/2 miles and 45-60 minutes of cross country skiing or snow shoeing from your car.
In the winter, location is an absolute mecca for those who love cross country skiing and snowshoeing, with miles of trails right out the front door. Come home to a warm and cozy cabin with a fire in the woodstove and lots of games and puzzles. Cook out on the gas BBQ during the summer months overlooking the Mt Hood National Forest and spend time with your friends and family while you share stories of your day’s adventures.
The fully equipped kitchen is set up to cook a feast with all full-sized appliances including a range and oven, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, dishwasher and all of the pots, pans, utensils and serveware.
This 3-level cabin sleeps up to 8 guests with a master suite on the main floor including a queen bed and walk-in shower. The second bathroom is on the main floor with a tub and shower enclosure. Downstairs you will find 2 more bedrooms, one with a queen bed and the other with a queen bed and twin bed. The 3rd level upstairs is an open bedroom ideal for kids with one queen bed, one double bed and two twin beds. Your dogs are welcome to join you for an additional charge.
• 2 Private acres surrounded by the Mt Hood National Forest
• Drive to the Cabin, May 16 – Oct 31; Access via Cross Country Skis or Snowshoes, Nov 1 – May 15 (No vehicle access)
• Woodstove; Firewood Provided
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen
• 1 Queen Bed in Mid-level Master Suite
• 1 Queen Bed in 1st Bedroom Downstairs
• 1 Queen Bed & 1 Twin Bed in 2nd Bedroom Downstairs
• 1 Queen Bed, 1 Double Bed, 2 Twin Beds in 3rd Level Bedroom
• 2 Full Bathrooms
• Large Covered Deck with Deck Furniture
• Propane BBQ during the Summer
• Streaming TV
• Land Line Phone w / Free Long Distance (limited cell service)
• Complimentary Wifi
• Washer / Dryer
• Your Dog is Welcome to Join You
• No Smoking
• 2252 Square Feet
• Property Elevation: 3681 Feet
• Parking: Max 3 Vehicles
• No Street Parking
• Sleeps 8
• No Parties, Weddings or Events, Please
• During the winter, there is a Pack It In, Pack It Out Deposit of $250 which will be refunded if you pack out all of your trash, food and recycling
• Payment Policy: 50% of the total amount due is payable at the time of booking and is non-refundable. The balance of the full payment is due and non-refundable 45 days prior to arrival.
Entertainment / Electronics
- Land Line w/ Long Distance
- Streaming TV
- WiFi - Slow, Under 20 Mbps
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linens
- Forced Air Heating
- Great Room
- Walk-in Shower
- View Windows
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Washer & Dryer
- Smooth Electric Cook Top
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Linens
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Waffle Iron
- Covered Porch
- Path / Trail to Water
- Secluded (No Next Door Neighbor)
- Walking Trails
- Riverfront / Creekside
- Deck Furniture
- Gas Grill
- Dog Friendly
- Enter your arrival date and departure date
- Enter the number of adults and number of children who will be traveling with you
- Enter "Yes" if you will be bringing a dog with you
- Then, click on "Calculate Rental Cost"
The rental rate for this vacation rental is $185-$385/night.
Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night in our pet-friendly homes, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Accidental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Rates are subject to change at any time.
We were looking for a nice, peaceful getaway from it all for our family. Marshall Cabin certainly met our needs. Not too far from Government Camp, past the Still Creek Campground, right alongside a peaceful creek and tucked into the woods. A true cabin experience with the amenities you need. The kids loved playing by the creek, mountain biking, and feeding the birds. A short 2 mile bike ride to Trillium Lake. We hope to rent again down the road. There are a handful of properties around it but still feels secluded with the trees and large lots. We are a family of 6 and felt like we could have slept several more. It is 3 levels, the main level is up a good flight of stairs. Our dog is a bit of an old timer and struggled a little bit with that. That said, the covered porch at the top was my favorite spot. Nice outdoor dining setup where you can birdwatch and listen to the creek. Wonderful place to sip your coffee in the AM, wine in the evening or just have a meal with family/friends. Would love to experience it in the winter time as well. One small maintenance item was the skillet on the stove did not get hot enough while we were there. It was a fully stocked kitchen so had no issues making an audible. In summary, place is a gem and we really enjoyed our stay.
Services from rental manager
This cabin was wonderful! The decor is charming, the beds comfortable, and the layout is just great. I highly recommend this vacation cabin!
Services from rental manager
The Marshall Cabin is a lovely, well organized home a few steps from a small stream and at this time of year behind a locked forest service gate making for an exceptionally peaceful and private retreat.
Services from rental manager