Stay with us at Bear Den Log Cabin
About this Vacation Rental
If you are looking for a classic log cabin experience when you visit Mt Hood, the Bear Den Log Cabin is where you will want to stay. This rough-hewn log cabin is tucked away in the woods alongside Billy Creek. You can sit back on the creekside deck and relax to the sounds of the babbling brook flowing by and the soft breezes blowing through the trees. You will be far enough off the main road to enjoy peace and quiet, yet close enough to access Mt Hood recreation and activities in minutes.
Grill dinner on the Weber gas BBQ and eat out al fresco or gather around the dining table inside while enjoying a roaring fire in the rock fireplace in the vaulted great room.
This rustic log cabin is ideal for a couple on a romantic retreat or a small family vacation with two bedrooms (1 king, 1 queen) and the sofa bed in the loft plus two full bathrooms.
Protecting your family and your friends in a Mt Hood Vacation Rental
• We utilize EPA-approved chemicals to clean and disinfect the Bear Den Log Cabin after every visit so you can rest assured that everything is perfectly disinfected.
• We follow specialized processes and procedures to contain soiled linens on their way out of the Bear Den Log Cabin and to protect clean linens being delivered to the cabin to ensure there is no cross contamination.
• We launder all linens in our commercial laundry facility using detergents, sanitizers, bleach and high temperatures to kill any microbes.
• Our professional inspectors follow our cleaning teams to ensure the Bear Den Log Cabin is clean and ready for your family and friends to enjoy safely.
• We have implemented “no-contact” check-in and check-out procedures to ensure your safety. We are available by phone and email should you need assistance or have questions.
• On Billy Creek in Welches
• Open Great Room
• Quiet Dead-end Road
• Wood-burning Woodstove in River Rock Fireplace
• Starter Supply of Firewood Provided
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen
• 1 King Bed in Master Suite
• 1 Queen Bed in Bedroom Downstairs
• 1 Queen Sofa Bed in Loft
• 2 Full Bathrooms
• Jetted Whirlpool Tub in Master Bathroom
• Deck with Propane BBQ and Deck Furniture
• Cable TV
• Internet Speed: Medium - 21-100 Mbps
• Land Line Phone w / Free Long Distance (limited cell service)
• Washer / Dryer
• Your Dogs are Welcome!
• No Smoking
• 1800 Square Feet
• Property Elevation: 1390 Feet
• Note: Steep driveway and snow on the road requires traction devices (chains or snow tires) and 4WD for access during the winter
• Parking: Max 2 Vehicles, No Street Parking
• Sleeps 6
• No Parties, Weddings or Events, Please
• Payment Policy: 50% of the total amount due is payable at the time of booking and is non-refundable. The balance of the full payment is due and non-refundable 45 days prior to arrival.
Entertainment / Electronics
- Cable TV
- Land Line w/ Long Distance
- TV in Master
- WiFi - Medium, 20-99 Mbps
- Booster Seat Rentals
- Pack n Play Rentals
- Dog Friendly
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linens
- Forced Air Heating
- Master Suite
- Walk-in Shower
- Whirlpool Tub
- Wood-burning Fireplace
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Washer & Dryer
- Wall Oven
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Electric Range
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Linens
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Waffle Iron
- Log Cabin
- Covered Porch
- Path / Trail to Water
- Riverfront / Creekside Access
- Walking Trails
- Riverfront / Creekside
- Deck Furniture
- Gas Grill
- Romantic Retreat
- Enter your arrival date and departure date
- Enter the number of adults and number of children who will be traveling with you
- Enter "Yes" if you will be bringing a dog with you
- Then, click on "Calculate Rental Cost"
The rental rate for this vacation rental is $135-285/Night.
Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night in our pet-friendly homes, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Accidental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Rates are subject to change at any time.
It was beautiful and so relaxing.
Came to Bear Den to relax and do nothing. Lovely cabin next to a babbling stream with a filtered view of the Salmon River through the trees. Enjoyed the forest quiet and the occasional creature that wandered through. Appreciated the proactiveness of the property management company, which gave us an opportunity to rebook when our original booked time was impacted by PGE's power shutdown for five days.
Services from rental manager
Always a great experience with Mt Hood Vacation Rentals. Home was clean and well equipped. Had a great time walking the neighborhood, hiking etc. The "Creek" is not really a creek, but still nice to hear it. Lots of mosquitos in summer so bring repelent. Sun doesn't shine on porch much in afternoon.
Glad you enjoyed your stay at the Bear Den Log Cabin. The creek is seasonal, so by August it can be a trickle, however in the spring it is running much more.
Services from rental manager