PREPARING FOR YOUR MT HOOD WINTER ADVENTURE
The Villages of Mt Hood are beautiful covered in fluffy new snow. There can be 6 inches to 6 feet of snow surrounding Mt Hood Vacation Rentals’ cabins, lodges and chalets depending upon the elevation of the Village you are staying in. We want to be sure you are prepared to drive and play in the snow when you get here.
MT HOOD WINTER ADVENTURE CHECKLIST
4WD OR AWD & CHAINS OR SNOW TIRES
While Mt Hood roads are maintained, snow can pile up and stick. We recommend driving a 4WD or AWD vehicle for your Mt Hood adventure.
Chains or snow tires (with the snowflake icon) are required in Oregon. Be sure to practice putting your chains on before you get here so you’re prepared.
PACK YOUR CAR WITH THE WINTER ESSENTIALS
Make sure your car is in good operating condition and keep the following essentials in your vehicle:
- Snow shovel & snow scraper
- Blanket & flashlights
- Drinking water & snacks
DRIVING DIRECTIONS & SNO-PARK PERMITS
- Sno-Park Permits are required at ski areas and snow play areas. They are available in our office as well as at many locations.
- Visit TripCheck to view road conditions
- Do NOT rely on your GPS; they are often inaccurate around Mt Hood
- If you are driving on a USFS Road, please note it will not be maintained or plowed