Stay with us at Holzhutte
About this Vacation Rental
Holzhutte (wooden cabin in German), a mid-century modern cedar chalet on the Blossom Trail near the Glade Trail was designed by Northwest modernist architect Saul Zaik in 1966. Saul Zaik also designed the addition to Timberline Lodge, now used for weddings and other special events. The European chalet-style lodge was hand-built entirely from local cedar carried to the site by sled. The vaulted great room with floor-to-ceiling south-facing windows brings in lots of natural sunlight.
During the winter months, you will be a short walk to the end of the road for cross country skiing and snowshoeing and just a few minutes to Timberline Ski Area and Mt Hood Skibowl for downhill skiing and snowboarding and Cosmic Tubing. During the summer months, you can hike on the Glade Trail and pick wild huckleberries in August or head across the highway to the Mt Hood Adventure Park with bungee jumping, ziplines, the Alpine Slide plus 20 more attractions or explore 40 miles of mountain bike trails.
Gather with friends and family with a warm beverage for lively conversation in front of the massive wood-burning rock fireplace in the vaulted main level great room. The kitchen in the great room includes all the appliances, pots, pans and dishes you need to prepare a delicious meal to share around the forest-viewing dining table. Year-round, you can step out to the deck to grill on the Weber Gas BBQ.
There is fun for everyone in the lower level game room with the pool table and streaming Internet TV. The upper level decks keep the exit to the outdoors snow free for year-round access. At the end of a great day exploring around Mt Hood, you will want to head out to the traditional Swedish inspired cedar soaking tub (kept at 104 degrees) next to Camp Creek trickling by.
This 3-level vacation home provides plenty of room for up to 10 guests with 4 bedrooms and 2 ½ bathrooms. The master bedroom with the king bed and the 2nd bedroom with a queen and twin bed are on the 3rd level and share a full bathroom with an enclosed tub and shower. The main level bedrooms include the 3rd bedroom with a queen and twin bed and the 4th bedroom with 2 bunk beds for the kids. The half bathroom is on the main level between the bedrooms and the great room. The second full bathroom with a steam shower is adjacent to the game room.
• On the Blossom Trail near the Glade Trail in Government Camp
• Vaulted Great Room
• Wood-burning Rock Fireplace
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen
• Sitting Area for Reading in the Loft
• King Bed in the Master Bedroom on the 3rd Level
• 1 Queen and 1 Twin in the 2nd Bedroom on the 3rd Level
• 1 Queen and 1 Twin in the 3rd Bedroom on the Main Level
• 2 Bunk Beds in the 4th Bedroom on the Main Level
• 1 Full Bathroom on the 3rd Level
• 1 Half Bathroom on the Main Level
• 1 Full Bathroom with Steam Shower on the Lower Level
• Deck with Propane BBQ and Deck Furniture
• Streaming Internet TV
• Complimentary Wifi
• Washer / Dryer
• Please Leave Your Pets at Home
• No Smoking
• Quiet Time is 10 PM - 8 AM to Respect Neighbors
• 2784 Square Feet
• Note: Snow on the road requires traction devices (chains or snow tires) and 4WD in winter
• Parking: Max 3 Vehicles
• Sleeps 10
• No Parties, Weddings or Events, Please
Entertainment / Electronics
- Streaming TV
- Pool Table
- Booster Seat Rentals
- Pack n Play Rentals
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linens
- Forced Air Heating
- Great Room
- Hot Tub Towels
- Steam Shower
- View Windows
- Wood-burning Fireplace
- Walk-in Shower
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Washer & Dryer
- Slow Cooker
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Electric Range
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Linens
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Waffle Iron
- Path / Trail to Water
- Walking Trails
- Riverfront / Creekside
- Covered Porch
- Deck Furniture
- Gas Grill
- Private Hot Tub
- Featured Property
- Enter your arrival date and departure date
- Enter the number of adults and number of children who will be traveling with you
- Enter "Yes" if you will be bringing a dog with you
- Then, click on "Calculate Rental Cost"
The rental rate for this vacation rental is $225-650/Night.
Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Accidental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Rates are subject to change at any time.