Stay with us at Holzhutte
About this Vacation Rental
Holzhutte (wooden cabin in German), a mid-century modern cedar chalet on the Blossom Trail was designed by Northwest modernist architect Saul Zaik in 1966. The European chalet-style lodge was hand-built entirely from local cedar brought to the site by sled. During the summer months, you can find wild huckleberries in August on nearby trails or head out for a mountain bike ride. During the winter months, you will be a short walk to the end of the road for cross country skiing and snowshoeing and just a few minutes to Timberline Ski Area Mt Hood Skibowl and Cosmic Tubing.
Gather with friends and family with a warm beverage for lively conversation in front of the massive wood-burning rock fireplace in the vaulted main level great room. The vaulted great room with floor-to-ceiling south-facing windows brings in lots of natural sunlight. The kitchen in the great room includes all the appliances, pots, pans and dishes you need to prepare a delicious meal to share around the forest-viewing dining table. Year-round, you can step out to the deck to grill on the Weber Gas BBQ.
There is fun for everyone in the lower level game room with the pool table and streaming Internet TV. The upper level decks keep the exit to the outdoors snow free for year-round access. At the end of a great day exploring around Mt Hood, you will want to head out to the traditional Swedish inspired cedar soaking tub (kept at 104 degrees) next to Camp Creek trickling by.
This 3-level vacation home provides plenty of room for up to 10 guests with 4 bedrooms and 2 ½ bathrooms. The master bedroom with the king bed and the 2nd bedroom with a queen and twin bed are on the 3rd level and share a full bathroom with an enclosed tub and shower. The main level bedrooms include the 3rd bedroom with a queen and twin bed and the 4th bedroom with 2 bunk beds for the kids. The half bathroom is on the main level between the bedrooms and the great room. The second full bathroom with a steam shower is adjacent to the game room.
Protecting your family and your friends in a Mt Hood Vacation Rental
• We utilize EPA-approved chemicals to clean and disinfect the Holzhutte after every visit so you can rest assured that everything is perfectly disinfected.
• We follow specialized processes and procedures to contain soiled linens on their way out of the Holzhutte and to protect clean linens being delivered to the cabin to ensure there is no cross contamination.
• We launder all linens in our commercial laundry facility using detergents, sanitizers, bleach and high temperatures to kill any microbes.
• Our professional inspectors follow our cleaning teams to ensure the Holzhutte is clean and ready for your family and friends to enjoy safely.
• We have implemented “no-contact” check-in and check-out procedures to ensure your safety. We are available by phone and email should you need assistance or have questions.
• On the road to the Glade Trail in Government Camp
• Vaulted Great Room
• Wood-burning Rock Fireplace
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen
• King Bed in the Master Bedroom on the 3rd Level
• 1 Queen and 1 Twin in the 2nd Bedroom on the 3rd Level
• 1 Queen and 1 Twin in the 3rd Bedroom on the Main Level
• 2 Bunk Beds in the 4th Bedroom on the Main Level
• 1 Full Bathroom on the 3rd Level
• 1 Half Bathroom on the Main Level
• 1 Full Bathroom with Steam Shower on the Lower Level
• Deck with Propane BBQ and Deck Furniture
• Streaming Internet TV
• Complimentary Wifi
• Washer / Dryer
• Please Leave Your Pets at Home
• No Smoking
• Quiet Time is 10 PM - 8 AM to Respect Neighbors
• 2784 Square Feet
• Property Elevation: 3917 Feet
• Note: Snow on the road requires traction devices (chains or snow tires) and 4WD in winter
• Parking: Max 3 Vehicles, No Street Parking
• Sleeps 10
• No Parties, Weddings or Events, Please
Entertainment / Electronics
- Pool Table
- Streaming TV
- Booster Seat Rentals
- No Pets, Please
- Pack n Play Rentals
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linens
- Forced Air Heating
- Great Room
- Hot Tub Towels
- Steam Shower
- Walk-in Shower
- Wood-burning Fireplace
- View Windows
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Washer & Dryer
- Slow Cooker
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Electric Range
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Linens
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Waffle Iron
- Covered Porch
- Path / Trail to Water
- Walking Trails
- Riverfront / Creekside
- Deck Furniture
- Gas Grill
- Private Hot Tub
- Enter your arrival date and departure date
- Enter the number of adults and number of children who will be traveling with you
- Enter "Yes" if you will be bringing a dog with you
- Then, click on "Calculate Rental Cost"
The rental rate for this vacation rental is $195-690/Night.
Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night in our pet-friendly homes, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Accidental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Rates are subject to change at any time.