Stay with us at Hearthstone Retreat
About this Vacation Rental
NEW! Relax and unwind in the serene Hearthstone Retreat with a vaulted great room, gas fireplace and spacious kitchen. Outside living awaits surrounded by tall trees with a gas BBQ, picnic table, multiple decks and a firepit. Soak in the brand new private, outdoor hot tub after a day of fun at Mt Hood. This family friendly cabin is set up perfectly for one or two families spending time at Mt Hood. Kick back on the oversized stuffed furniture in the vaulted great room by the fireplace. The open kitchen has plenty of room for a crew of chefs cooking up a storm.
You will have room for up to 11 guests with two downstairs bedrooms, one for the parents with a king bed and the second bedroom for the kids with a queen bed, bunk beds and a kids' play nook. A full bathroom and a laundry facility are just off the kitchen. Upstairs the second adult bedroom is the master suite with a king bed, attached bathroom with large soaking tub and shower surround plus a private sunny balcony. The second bedroom upstairs is perfect for the kids with a queen bed and a twin bed and the kids' deck with games and picnic tables.
The private, outdoor hot tub is near the picnic area with a fence for privacy. A small fenced-in yard makes it easy to keep an eye on your dog.
Your dog is welcome to join you at the Hearthstone Retreat. You will be just minutes from the Mt Hood National Forest and dozens of miles of trails.
• Forest View
• Vaulted Great Room
• Close to the Mt Hood National Forest
• Gas Fireplace
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen
• 1 King Bed in Downstairs Bedroom
• 1 Queen Bed + Bunk Bed in 2nd Bedroom Downstairs
• 1 King Bed in Master Suite Upstairs
• 1 Queen Bed + 1 Twin Bed in 2nd Bedroom Upstairs
• 1 Full Bathroom Downstairs
• 1 Full Bathroom Upstairs in Master Suite
• Private, Outdoor Hot Tub
• Deck with Propane BBQ and Deck Furniture
• Cable TV
• Internet Speed: Fast - More than 100 Mbps
• Land Line Phone with free long distance (limited cell service)
• Washer / Dryer
• Your Dogs are Welcome!
• No Smoking
• 1816 Square Feet
• Property Elevation: 1695 Feet
• Note: Snowy roads and driveway require traction devices (chains or snow tires) and 4WD for access during the winter
• Parking: Max 4 Vehicles, No Street Parking
• Sleeps 11
• No Parties, Weddings or Events, Please
• Payment Policy: 50% of the total amount due is payable at the time of booking and is non-refundable. The balance of the full payment is due and non-refundable 45 days prior to arrival.
Entertainment / Electronics
- Cable TV
- Land Line w/ Long Distance
- TV in Master
- Wifi - Fast, 100+ Mbps
- Booster Seat Rentals
- Pack n Play Rentals
- Dog Friendly
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linens
- En Suite Bedroom
- Great Room
- Hot Tub Towels
- Primary Bedroom Suite
- Soaking Bathtub
- Wall Heaters
- Gas Fireplace
- View Windows
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Washer & Dryer
- Slow Cooker
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Linens
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Waffle Iron
- Covered Porch
- Not Secluded
- Deck Furniture
- Gas Grill
- Private Hot Tub
- Enter your arrival date and departure date
- Enter the number of adults and number of children who will be traveling with you
- Enter "Yes" if you will be bringing a dog with you
- Then, click on "Calculate Rental Cost"
The rental rate for this vacation rental is $221-435/night.
Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night in our pet-friendly homes, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Accidental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Rates are subject to change at any time.
This cabin isn't huge, but it had room for two families to come together. It was very clean upon arrival. We used our Clorox wipes soon as we walked in the door and they all came up clean! The beds are crazy comfortable. The kitchen is well stocked with plenty of plates for everyone. The heaters work VERY well in each room. There are two private decks of the bedrooms, one is huge for private sunning. The hot tub was drained and cleaned before our visit so everyone felt comfortable using it. The fact that it is dog-friendly is perfect. The backyard was a good size and there was a side yard that also gates off. We did need to do a walk around the property to check fences, all checked out. However, not everyone cleaned up after their dog before us. There was also some sharp items around yard we moved.
The price was something we are not crazy about since the washing machine was broken prior to our visit. And on our first use the upstairs shower dripped and damaged the downstair shower ceiling. Leaving two families to share one shower the entire visit. Oh, how I was looking forward to using the floating deep bathtub. In March there was no snow what so ever. Since we didn't receive address before booking, we thought we would be higher on the Mt. and in the snow. 15 min. drive up the hill and we found snow and hit the snow park for night tubing.
Property management was very helpful from booking through departure. Very easy to get a hold of.
Thank you for your detailed and kind review of the Hearthstone Retreat. There was a LOT of snow in Rhododendron in February this year, however by mid March, the snow level is usually higher. The leak in the shower is fixed and the washer is scheduled for next week, so all will be good by then. This is a great setting for summer vacations, too. You will be really close to trails, lakes and the Mt Hood Adventure Park.
Services from rental manager
I stayed at the Heathstone Retreat for a weekend with a few friends. We had plenty of room to play games. The enclosed backyard was a safe place for our dogs to play. There's a sweet kids room that's decorated with super fun lights and little bean bag chairs. We loved this place and hope to return asap. It was clean and the management company was great at communication.
Services from rental manager
The house is beautiful and clean. The neighbors are spread out and helpful. The location is very close to highway but wood setting with no/low highway noise.
Services from rental manager