Stay with us at Thistle Dew
About this Vacation Rental
Thistle Dew, a completely renovated historic cabin along the Salmon River in Welches has been the center of Mt Hood memories for more than a century. Settle in at this cozy cabin with river views from most every room, the riverfront back deck and the grassy backyard. During the summer months dip your toes in the cool river water, during the late summer and early fall watch the salmon spawning with a backdrop of fall colors and in the winter, stay cozy and warm inside with a frosting of snow along the river's edge. Relax in the private, outdoor hot tub with Salmon River views.
The cabin setting is ideal for a romantic getaway with the cozy wood-filled interior and the sounds of the river flowing by. The spacious en suite bedroom includes a king bed, twin day bed and attached bathroom. The modern kitchen includes a full-size refrigerator, range with cooktop and full-size oven, microwave, toaster and all of the pots, pans, dishes, serveware and utensils you need to prepare a fantastic meal. Grill out on the back deck on the gas BBQ with the sounds and views of the river as your backdrop.
Stay warm and cozy inside with the ambiance of a natural wood fire in the woodstove and the electric heat. During the summer months open the windows for the natural air conditioning of a cooling cross breeze. You will love the natural sunlight that streams in through the great room skylights all day long and and the nighttime view of the stars. The relaxing riverfront location will lure you to spend all of your time outside just gazing at the river with a good book, good company and a glass of good wine.
• On the Salmon River in Welches
• Open Great Room
• Semi-Secluded Riverfront Setting
• Starter Supply of Firewood Provided
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen
• 1 King Bed in Master Suite
• 1 Twin Day Bed in Master Suite
• 1 Full Bathroom with Walk-in Shower (Newly Remodeled - Photos coming soon
• Private, Outdoor Hot Tub
• Deck with Propane BBQ and Deck Furniture
• Cable TV
• Internet Speed: Medium - 20 - 100 Mbps
• Land Line Phone w / Free Long Distance (limited cell service)
• Washer / Dryer
• Please leave your pets at home
• No Smoking
• 762 Square Feet
• Property Elevation: 1285 Feet
• Note: Snowy roads and driveway require traction devices (chains or snow tires) and 4WD for access during the winter
• Parking: Max 2 Vehicles, No Street Parking
• Sleeps 3
• No Parties, Weddings or Events, Please
• Payment Policy: 50% of the total amount due is payable at the time of booking and is non-refundable. The balance of the full payment is due and non-refundable 45 days prior to arrival.
Entertainment / Electronics
- Cable TV
- Land Line w/ Long Distance
- Streaming TV
- WiFi - Medium, 20-99 Mbps
- Booster Seat Rentals
- No Pets, Please
- Pack n Play Rentals
- Air Conditioning
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linens
- Great Room
- Hot Tub Towels
- Mini Split Heat Pump
- Walk-in Shower
- Wall Heaters
- View Windows
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Washer & Dryer
- Slow Cooker
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Electric Range
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Linens
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Waffle Iron
- Covered Porch
- Fly Fishing
- Not Secluded
- Path / Trail to Water
- Riverfront / Creekside
- Deck Furniture
- Gas Grill
- Private Hot Tub
- Featured Property
- Romantic Retreat
- Enter your arrival date and departure date
- Enter the number of adults and number of children who will be traveling with you
- Enter "Yes" if you will be bringing a dog with you
- Then, click on "Calculate Rental Cost"
The rental rate for this vacation rental is $185-315/Night.
Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night in our pet-friendly homes, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Accidental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Rates are subject to change at any time.
We enjoyed everything about our stay at thistle dew. The location is phenomenal. It is a cozy cabin that is really well maintained and feels like home. The kitchen is stocked with everything you could need, the fire pit by the river is great touch, and the hot tub view is amazing. We have already recommended it to our family and friends and several of them have already looked into booking. The only slight downside we had was the hot tub starting to have some issues towards the end of our stay despite us following the directions but that can easily happen with hot tubs. Didn’t impact how absolutely amazing thistle dew is. We absolutely plan on coming back!
Services from rental manager
My wife and I had the most relaxing time at the cabin. Everything from the fresh air, hot tub and overwhelming calmness was what we needed. The cabin, although surround by others is still very private due to all of the trees. Nearby trails and scenic drives made it worthwhile. The only thing we had trouble adjusting to was having so many large termites crawling around, as well as the septic tank smell in the restroom. Other than that, we will be booking this place again! We definitely recommend!
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Thistle Dew. Those are the carpenter ants that pop up every year around Memorial Day Weekend. They will be gone in a couple of weeks. We will take a look at the septic system as this sounds like it might need to be pumped; that is not normal.
Services from rental manager
Everything was perfect. Enjoying the hot tub on the river was amazing. Inside is very cute and cuddly.
Services from rental manager