Stay with us at Forest View Lodge
About this Vacation Rental
Forest View Lodge is a relaxed and comfortable 3-level log home on 2 1/2 private acres surrounded by national forest. Enjoy views of the Huckleberry Wilderness and Salmon River Valley through the floor-to-ceiling windows in the vaulted great room or while you stroll around the property. The spacious kitchen includes all full-size appliances and everything you need to prepare a fabulous meal for your friends and family. Walk out to the wrap-around deck from the kitchen with your morning coffee and enjoy the sunny mountain and forest views.
With three living spaces, one on each level, there is plenty of room for everyone to have a good time enjoying a variety of activities. The main level great room with over-sized, soft sofas and the woodstove creates a relaxing place to join your friends with a glass of wine and conversation. Downstairs, you will find the game room with a large screen TV, BlueRay DVD player and foos ball. The upstairs loft is a second area for watching TV or relaxing with a good book. With limited wifi & cell service, this is a great place to get away from it all.
The vaulted master suite on the upper level includes a king bed and large ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower and jetted tub. On the lower level, the 2 bedrooms, each with a queen bed, share a Jack-n-Jill bathroom with shower and tub enclosure. The main level is where you will find the kids' bunk room with 2 bunk beds and the 3rd full bathroom.
Soak in the private, outdoor hot tub and eat dinner on the picnic table on the back deck. You will be captivated by the local deer family that wanders through the yard at dawn and dusk daily. The gas BBQ is located on the main level near the kitchen and dining room under the covered porch for your convenience.
Protecting your family and your friends in a Mt Hood Vacation Rental
• We utilize EPA-approved chemicals to clean and disinfect the Forest View Lodge after every visit so you can rest assured that everything is perfectly disinfected.
• We follow specialized processes and procedures to contain soiled linens on their way out of the Forest View Lodge and to protect clean linens being delivered to the cabin to ensure there is no cross contamination.
• We launder all linens in our commercial laundry facility using detergents, sanitizers, bleach and high temperatures to kill any microbes.
• Our professional inspectors follow our cleaning teams to ensure the Forest View Lodge is clean and ready for your family and friends to enjoy safely.
• We have implemented “no-contact” check-in and check-out procedures to ensure your safety. We are available by phone and email should you need assistance or have questions.
• Secluded Forest Setting in Welches
• Seasonal Creek & Pond
• Wood Stove
• Complimentary Starter Supply of Firewood Provided
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen
• 1 King Bed in Master Suite
• 1 Queen Bed in Downstairs Bedroom
• 1 Queen Bed in Second Downstairs Bedroom
• 2 Bunk Beds in Kids' Room on the Main Level
• Game Room with Foos Ball, Internet TV, BlueRay DVD & X-Box 360 (Bring your own games)
• 3 Full Bathrooms
• Private, Outdoor Hot Tub
• Deck with Propane BBQ and Deck Furniture
• Streaming TV
• Internet Speed: Low - under 20 Mbps
• Land Line Phone w / Free Long Distance (limited cell service)
• Outdoor, Paved Basketball Court
• Washer / Dryer
• Dogs are Welcome to Join You
• No Smoking
• 3196 Square Feet
• Property Elevation: 1498 Feet
• Note: Snowy roads and steep driveway require traction devices (chains or snow tires) and 4WD for access during the winter
• Parking: Max 4 Vehicles, No Street Parking
• No Parties, Weddings or Events, Please
• Payment Policy: 50% of the total amount due is payable at the time of booking and is non-refundable. The balance of the full payment is due and non-refundable 45
Entertainment / Electronics
- Foos Ball Table
- Land Line w/ Long Distance
- Streaming TV
- WiFi - Slow, Under 20 Mbps
- Booster Seat Rentals
- Pack n Play Rentals
- Dog Friendly
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linens
- Forced Air Heating
- Great Room
- Hot Tub Towels
- Master Suite
- Walk-in Shower
- Whirlpool Tub
- View Windows
- Washer & Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Smooth Electric Cook Top
- Wall Oven
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Linens
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Waffle Iron
- Log Cabin
- Basketball Hoop
- Covered Porch
- Secluded (No Next Door Neighbor)
- Deck Furniture
- Gas Grill
- Private Hot Tub
- Enter your arrival date and departure date
- Enter the number of adults and number of children who will be traveling with you
- Enter "Yes" if you will be bringing a dog with you
- Then, click on "Calculate Rental Cost"
The rental rate for this vacation rental is $225-685/Night.
Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night in our pet-friendly homes, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Accidental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Rates are subject to change at any time.
We really enjoyed the house. It was everything we wanted and more! Other than the bunk beds, the beds were comfortable. The kitchen was well stocked but we struggled with some of the appliances (dishwasher took a long time to run and oven took a long time to heat up) but the problems were small. The setting and house was amazing. Can't wait to go back!
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Forest View Lodge. The dishwasher is a Bosch and they are known for long cycles. An element in the oven has been replaced, so it is heating up more quickly now.
Services from rental manager
A mid-August dream. Rented for just myself and daughter. Goal was to sleep, eat, read, watch movies and sleep some more. Upstairs bed was the best bed I've ever slept in; I forgot to figure out what it was because I wanted to bring it home with me. Bunk bed room (didn't use).. just looking at them made me cringe, think army barracks (but for small children probably ok) downstairs beds nothing special.Hot tub needs work. Only one jet worked and when on caused scummy bubbles (I looked at filter-appears to not have been replaced in many years). Back to August, if I hadn't been escaping yard work I could've spent the entire time doing yard work and not make a dent. Needs work but I like overgrown unkept. Be ready to get confused on which way to leave the kitchen. Both go to living room. But one way goes to stairs leading downstairs, the other to upstairs (I suggest directional arrow in kitchen). Impressive collection of dishes, cookware, utensils (all goodwill quality) but you can forget bringing that stuff - but bring a decent fry pan if your a good cook. Us?, we didn't cook a thing. Ordered out from Zig Zag Inn the entire time (I was not there to cook), just sleep and read and soak. Huge DVD collection, lots of games, x-mas lights in kitchen cupboard for stringing up (bring more for the hot tub porch, really nice). Total privacy. Basketball Court was great..3/4 fenced. Neighbor is unoccupied, under construction. Cleaners could pay attention to outdoor furniture. Watch out for final step leading to basement. We put a glow stick there, it's a hip breaker..invisible. I want the screen doors-retractable. Owners need a waterless water heater, forget about filling up the upstairs jet tub with hot water. As all have said, your not going to stream movies - DVD's only here. Don't sign on to Wi-fi pass, reception better without.
Services from rental manager
Great jacuzzi, comfortable beds, and beautiful setting/location. We will definitely come again. Only downside is no TV, poor WiFi, and no blankets unless you request them.
Services from rental manager