Stay with us at Dream Catcher Cabin
About this Vacation Rental
Dream Catcher Cabin is a whimsical and charming cabin nestled under tall Douglas Fir and cedar trees along the banks of the Salmon River. You will refresh and rejuvenate in this cabin full of warm and personal touches with lots of natural wood accents, hand-built furniture and cozy mountain décor. Lean back in the vaulted great room and enjoy a fire in the woodstove insert in the original 1925 river rock fireplace. The Dream Catcher Cabin has been fully remodeled and renovated with modern amenities camouflaged with mountain pioneer style.
The cozy kitchen with old-fashioned appeal includes all modern appliances for preparing a gourmet dinner for two or a sumptuous breakfast before heading out for a day of fun around Mt Hood. Sit in the dining nook with picture windows viewing the Salmon River while enjoying your morning coffee or a glass of wine.
Two upstairs bedrooms, each with a queen bed enjoy Salmon River views through the large picture windows. The romantic master suite is perfect for a sweetheart vacation with an over-sized jetted bathtub for two next to the river-viewing picture window. You will find privacy in the separate water closet with the quirky wine barrel sink and commode. The second bedroom upper wall is open to the hallway limiting noise privacy.
Gather around the outside firepit during the evening and gaze at the starry sky framed by tall trees, listen to the Salmon River flowing by and retell stories of the day’s adventures. Grill dinner on the gas BBQ then enjoy your meal at the picnic table. Or soak your soul in the riverside hot tub before calling it a night.
Your vacation at the Dream Catcher Cabin will be truly magical; you will catch and hold on to your dreams during this special Mt Hood vacation.
Protecting your family and your friends in a Mt Hood Vacation Rental
• We utilize EPA-approved chemicals to clean and disinfect the Dream Catcher Cabin after every visit so you can rest assured that everything is perfectly disinfected.
• We follow specialized processes and procedures to contain soiled linens on their way out of the Dream Catcher Cabin and to protect clean linens being delivered to the cabin to ensure there is no cross contamination.
• We launder all linens in our commercial laundry facility using detergents, sanitizers, bleach and high temperatures to kill any microbes.
• Our professional inspectors follow our cleaning teams to ensure the Dream Catcher Cabin is clean and ready for your family and friends to enjoy safely.
• We have implemented “no-contact” check-in and check-out procedures to ensure your safety. We are available by phone and email should you need assistance or have questions.
• Salmon Riverfront Setting
• Vaulted Great Room
• View Windows
• Woodstove insert in the Fireplace
• Starter Supply of Firewood Provided
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen
• Queen Log Bed in Master Upstairs
• Queen Bed in 2nd Bedroom Upstairs
• 2 Full Bathrooms
• Private, Outdoor Hot Tub
• Propane BBQ
• Firepit and Picnic Table
• Streaming TV via Roku with Hulu with Live TV and Netflix in Living Room
• Streaming TV via Roku with Hulu with Live TV and Netflix in Both Bedrooms
• Complimentary Wifi
• Land Line Phone w / Free Long Distance (limited cell service)
• Washer / Dryer
• Dogs are Welcome to join you!
• No Smoking
• 1208 Square Feet
• Property Elevation: 1024 Feet
• Note: Snowy roads and driveway require traction devices (chains or snow tires) and 4WD for access during the winter
• Parking: Max 2 Vehicles, No Street Parking
• Sleeps 4
• No Parties, Weddings or Events, Please
Entertainment / Electronics
- Hulu LIVE
- Land Line w/ Long Distance
- Streaming TV
- TV in Master
- Booster Seat Rentals
- Pack n Play Rentals
- Dog Friendly
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linens
- Hot Tub Towels
- Master Suite
- Walk-in Shower
- Wall Heaters
- Whirlpool Tub
- Wood-burning Fireplace
- Gas Fireplace
- View Windows
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Washer & Dryer
- Covered Porch
- Path / Trail to Water
- Riverfront / Creekside Access
- Riverfront / Creekside
- Deck Furniture
- Gas Grill
- Private Hot Tub
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Electric Range
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Linens
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Waffle Iron
- Romantic Retreat
- Enter your arrival date and departure date
- Enter the number of adults and number of children who will be traveling with you
- Enter "Yes" if you will be bringing a dog with you
- Then, click on "Calculate Rental Cost"
The rental rate for this vacation rental is $135-320/Night.
Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night in our pet-friendly homes, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Accidental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Rates are subject to change at any time.
This was the best vacation ever.This cabin was amazing.
Services from rental manager
Dream Catcher cabin is a very relaxing and beautiful place to stay and we enjoyed being there very much. While the cabin/property was very clean and kept up, we were a bit disappointed that the hot tub had a yellow ring around the parameter of it. Quite gross... perhaps it was over looked and/or forgotten about. We would also say the hot tub is not necessarily 'private'... more semi-private as there are two homes across the river that could easily see you. The river running along the property is stunning and very peaceful. The 'beach' along the river is quite small yet it is still a nice place to hang out, soak your feet in the water and even swim if it's hot enough. A word of warning, be careful going down the old, make-shift cement stairs/path down to the river... there are hand rails but they stop about half way; the rest of the stairs going down are small and uneven so anyone who has an issue with balance/stability should be very careful going down. The only recommendation we would make is for the cabin to provide a flash light. It gets very dark at night and even though there are security lights they only light up so far. A flashlight would have been especially helpful by the outdoor fire pit and surrounding area. There are rocks/pavers that stick up and are a tripping hazard... and if you use the hot tub at night you would definitely need to have a light. Most importantly, providing a flashlight when there's a power outage would be a huge necessity... not just 'putting another log in the fire place and waiting it out' as suggested in the cabin rentals binder.
Overall we would recommend this cabin as we did have a very lovely time. Thank you to the owners for everything you provide as it made out stay very comfortable and relaxing. With appreciation...
We love that you love all of the wonderful things about the Dream Catcher Cabin that we adore, too. It is truly charming. There is a chemical make-up in the water here that leaves the yellow rim in the water and it happens very quickly after servicing. The water in the hot tub is chemically balanced. We gave up on leaving flashlights for rental guests because unfortunately, they grow legs and walk away. On our What to Pack page, we do recommend that guests bring flashlights because without street lights and with trees that might block the moonlight, it can get dark at night.
Services from rental manager
It was a very relaxing weekend and much needed. The cabin was amazing but just had a couple of flaws. The oven needs to be upgraded and the furniture was so uncomfortable.
Services from rental manager