Stay with us at Cozy Bear Cabin
About this Vacation Rental
Cozy Bear Cabin will remind you of a tree house surrounded by tall trees. This cabin is the perfect blend of Mt Hood coziness with modern updates throughout. The vaulted great room with spacious kitchen, woodstove and 6-seat dining table is ideal for gathering together for meals, playing games or watching TV. Plenty of windows and skylights bring in lots of natural sunlight. This 3-bedroom cabin is perfect for a family vacation or 3 couples.
The vaulted great room downstairs is perfectly comfortable for everyone to gather around the TV or the woodstove. The cook will not be left out of the fun with the open kitchen layout and dining area. Two bedrooms downstairs each have a queen bed and share a full bathroom with tub and shower. The upstairs master suite includes a queen bed, sitting area and en suite bathroom with shower.
Step out to the covered porch for a BBQ then dine at the picnic table. You will want to soak in the private hot tub with forest views or roast marshmallows and tell tall tales around the fire pit after a day of fun playing at Mt Hood. For hikers, the Salmon River Trails are just 1 mile from the cabin and you will be minutes to all other Mt Hood recreation. Your dog is welcome to join you at the Cozy Bear Cabin for an additional charge.
• Close to Salmon River Trails
• Vaulted Great Room
• Secluded under Tall Trees
• Wood-burning Woodstove
• Complimentary Starter Supply of Firewood Provided
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen
• 1 Queen Bed in 1st Bedroom Downstairs
• 1 Queen Bed in 2nd Bedroom Downstairs
• 1 Queen Bed in Master Suite Upstairs
• 1 Queen Sofa Bed in the Living Room
• 2 Full Bathrooms
• Deck with Propane BBQ and Deck Furniture
• Private, Outdoor Hot Tub
• Cable TV
• Internet Speed: High - more than 100 Mbps
• Land Line Phone w / Free Long Distance (limited cell service)
• Washer / Dryer
• Your Dogs are Welcome!
• No Smoking
• 1528 Square Feet
• Property Elevation: 1362 Feet
• Note: Snowy roads and driveway require traction devices (chains or snow tires) and 4WD for access during the winter
• Parking: Max 2 Vehicles, No Street Parking
• Sleeps 8
• No Parties, Weddings or Events, Please
• Payment Policy: 50% of the total amount due is payable at the time of booking and is non-refundable. The balance of the full payment is due and non-refundable 45 days prior to arrival.
- DVD Player
Entertainment / Electronics
- Cable TV
- Land Line w/ Long Distance
- Wifi - Fast, 100+ Mbps
- Booster Seat Rentals
- Pack n Play Rentals
- Dog Friendly
- Wood Stove
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linens
- En Suite Bedroom
- Great Room
- Hot Tub Towels
- Primary Bedroom Suite
- Walk-in Shower
- Wall Heaters
- View Windows
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Washer & Dryer
- Covered Porch
- Secluded (No Next Door Neighbor)
- Deck Furniture
- Gas Grill
- Private Hot Tub
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Electric Range
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Linens
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Waffle Iron
- Featured Property
- Enter your arrival date and departure date
- Enter the number of adults and number of children who will be traveling with you
- Enter "Yes" if you will be bringing a dog with you
- Then, click on "Calculate Rental Cost"
The rental rate for this vacation rental is $185-325/Night.
Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night in our pet-friendly homes, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Accidental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Rates are subject to change at any time.
We very much enjoyed our stay. Beds were very comfortable; kitchen was well stocked with dishes, pots and a few basic cooking items. We greatly appreciated the extras for dogs. Hot tub was well-maintained and in a lovely location. Nice place to get away to for a few days.
Services from rental manager
Overall nice space in good location. Close to Zigzag dining. Could use a little TLC but nothing a deal breaker. Hot tub temp can't be adjusted (we knew ahead of time) but it's set to HOT 102-104. Yikes. Beds are ok, new towels & maybe a new shower head would go a long way. Place is nicely stocked. Ceiling fan in living room teases you because there's no way to turn it on! Lol again nice overall just some gentle constructive criticism.
Thank you for your comments, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Cozy Bear Cabin. We ordered new towels in early June and they finally arrived in September, so we are sorry that you had some of the towels that we were forced to limp along with throughout the summer. All hot tubs are set to not go above 104 for safety reasons and if they go to low in temp, it is not safe either. However, if you leave the lid off for about 30 minutes, it usually cools down a bit. The ceiling fan is brand new and is operated by a switch on the wall and a remote; sorry you did not figure this one out.
Services from rental manager
The Cozy Bear Cabin is the perfect place for a couple on an intimate getaway with the outdoor hot tub. It is also wonderful for a family ready to enjoy beautiful trails and time in front of the indoor wood-burning stove with games, or outside sitting near the fire pit roasting hot dogs and marshmallows.
The home has everything you need to prepare home cooked meals. (We even had waffles one morning!)
For outdoor activities, the start of the Salmon River Trail head is only 3 min. away from the cabin. It is one of the most picturesque hikes suitable for little ones too.
The Zig Zag Inn, 5 min. away, is nostalgic and offers great Italian food and especially pizza. The Dragonfly Cafe, 10 min. away, offers amazing prime rib dinners on Fri. and Sat. nights.
We will definitely be back.
Services from rental manager