Stay with us at Rapid River Retreat
About this Vacation Rental
You will have a quiet, relaxing vacation at the Rapid River Retreat, one of our most popular vacation rentals. Sit by the Sandy River with your morning coffee or a glass of wine in the afternoon and see and hear the Sandy River rushing by. With the west-facing backyard, you will soak in lots of afternoon sunshine while grilling dinner on the Weber gas BBQ. After dinner roast marshmallows and tell tall tales gathered around the firepit. The private, outdoor hot tub next to the river will cap off a day of fun and an evening of relaxation.
The vaulted great room is perfect for a gathering of friends and family who like to cook with the spacious open kitchen and second prep area with its own sink. You can sit around the large dining table for dinner and enjoy the river and mountain views through the floor-to-ceiling picture windows. The wood-burning fireplace warms the home and adds to the mountain lodge ambiance.
This home is perfectly suited for three couples or a small family with three bedrooms (1 king, 2 queens) accommodating up to 6 guests. There are two full bathrooms, one upstairs and one downstairs. Each bedroom looks out over the Sandy River and the Cascade foothills in the background adding to the relaxing atmosphere.
The kids will love adventuring in the forest surrounding the Rapid River Retreat as well as finding fun places to explore throughout the Villages of Mt Hood. Your dog will be happy that you brought him along on this getaway retreat with the river to play in and the gated, dead-end road for taking long walks. The national forest just across the street from the cabin is a perfect place for your dog to explore and run.
Protecting your family and your friends in a Mt Hood Vacation Rental
• We utilize EPA-approved chemicals to clean and disinfect the Rapid River Retreat after every visit so you can rest assured that everything is perfectly disinfected.
• We follow specialized processes and procedures to contain soiled linens on their way out of the Rapid River Retreat and to protect clean linens being delivered to the cabin to ensure there is no cross contamination.
• We launder all linens in our commercial laundry facility using detergents, sanitizers, bleach and high temperatures to kill any microbes.
• Our professional inspectors follow our cleaning teams to ensure the Rapid River Retreat is clean and ready for your family and friends to enjoy safely.
• We have implemented “no-contact” check-in and check-out procedures to ensure your safety. We are available by phone and email should you need assistance or have questions.
• On the Sandy River in Zigzag
• Open Great Room
• Quiet Dead-end Road in a Gated Neighborhood
• Wood-burning Fireplace
• Starter Supply of Firewood Provided
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen
• 1 King Bed in Master Bedroom Upstairs
• 1 Queen Bed in Bedroom Upstairs
• 1 Queen Sofa Bed in Master Bedroom Upstairs
• 1 Queen Bed in Bedroom Downstairs
• 2 Full Bathrooms
• Private, Outdoor Hot Tub
• Deck with Propane BBQ and Deck Furniture
• Cable TV
• Complimentary Wifi
• Land Line Phone w / Free Long Distance (limited cell service)
• Washer / Dryer
• Your Dogs are Welcome!
• No Smoking
• 1832 Square Feet
• Property Elevation: 1550 Feet
• Note: Snowy roads and driveway require traction devices (chains or snow tires) and 4WD for access during the winter
• Parking: Max 3 Vehicles, No Street Parking
• Sleeps 8
• No Parties, Weddings or Events, Please
Entertainment / Electronics
- Cable TV
- Land Line w/ Long Distance
- TV in Master
- Booster Seat Rentals
- Pack n Play Rentals
- Dog Friendly
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linens
- Forced Air Heating
- Great Room
- Hot Tub Towels
- Master Suite
- Walk-in Shower
- Wood-burning Fireplace
- View Windows
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Washer & Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Slow Cooker
- Smooth Electric Cook Top
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Linens
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Waffle Iron
- Covered Porch
- Path / Trail to Water
- Riverfront / Creekside Access
- Walking Trails
- Riverfront / Creekside
- Deck Furniture
- Gas Grill
- Private Hot Tub
- Enter your arrival date and departure date
- Enter the number of adults and number of children who will be traveling with you
- Enter "Yes" if you will be bringing a dog with you
- Then, click on "Calculate Rental Cost"
The rental rate for this vacation rental is $200-440/Night.
Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night in our pet-friendly homes, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Accidental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Rates are subject to change at any time.
Just right for 3 kids and a dog. Right on the river. very secluded and exactly what we needed with a 2, 3, and 13 year old. Perfect layout and location. Thanks.
Services from rental manager
Perfect house and environment. We came up for the weekend and had an amazing time. Booked the same place for this weekend! Great romantic spot, gorgeous surroundings and near great food spots & recreation! Highly recommend this house!
Services from rental manager
Our annual stay in one of Mt. Hood Vacation Rentals did not disappoint! This is probably our 6th or 7th stay in one of the rentals and we pick a different one every year! This one was FABULOUS! Right on the river with a secluded hot tub - perfection! Comfy couches for sinking in with a good book and a big table for puzzles, playing games, and family meals.
Thank you for your annual visits. We love having you and are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed the Rapid River Retreat. We are curious to see where you decide to stay next year.
Services from rental manager