Stay with us at Firwood Cabin
About this Vacation Rental
If you need to relax and unwind, the Firwood Cabin is where you will want to spend your Mt Hood vacation. This warm and cozy cabin is located in a quiet, serene setting off the beaten path with awesome views of the Zigzag Mountain range. You will be surrounded by towering tall trees reaching up to the sky on 3 private acres close to Mt Hood National Forest trails for summer and winter fun. However, you may never want to leave this peaceful and relaxing cabin.
This recently remodeled cabin is ideal for a romantic couple’s retreat or for a small family with 2 bedrooms each with a queen bed plus the full bathroom. The spacious great room has been completely remodeled keeping the vintage fir floors and massive fir beams maintaining mountain ambiance, but adding all new kitchen cabinets, counter tops and appliances for modern comforts. The living room area includes satellite TV and a land line phone (no wifi and very limited cell service).
Enjoy the backyard deck with the mountain views while you grill dinner on the gas BBQ and enjoy your meal at the outside dining table. Roast marshmallows for dessert while you sit around the firepit sharing stories of the day’s adventures around Mt Hood. You will want to end the evening with a relaxing soak in the private, outdoor hot tub. Your dog is welcome to join you at the Firwood Cabin for an additional charge.
Protecting your family and your friends in a Mt Hood Vacation Rental
• We utilize EPA-approved chemicals to clean and disinfect the Firwood Cabin after every visit so you can rest assured that everything is perfectly disinfected.
• We follow specialized processes and procedures to contain soiled linens on their way out of the Firwood Cabin and to protect clean linens being delivered to the cabin to ensure there is no cross contamination.
• We launder all linens in our commercial laundry facility using detergents, sanitizers, bleach and high temperatures to kill any microbes.
• Our professional inspectors follow our cleaning teams to ensure the Firwood Cabin is clean and ready for your family and friends to enjoy safely.
• We have implemented “no-contact” check-in and check-out procedures to ensure your safety. We are available by phone and email should you need assistance or have questions.
• Forest and Mountain View
• Private 3 Acres
• Open Great Room
• View Windows
• Gas Fireplace
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen
• Queen Bed in 1st Bedroom
• Queen Bed in 2nd Bedroom
• 1 Full Bathroom
• Private, Outdoor Hot Tub
• Deck with Propane BBQ and Furniture
• Satellite TV
• Land Line Phone w / Free U.S. Long Distance (limited cell service)
• No Wifi Available
• Washer / Dryer
• Your Dogs are Welcome
• No Smoking
• 953 Square Feet
• Property Elevation: 1820 Feet
• Parking: Max 2 Vehicles, No Street Parking
• Note: Steep snowy road and driveway require traction devices (chains or snow tires) and 4WD for access during the winter
• Sleeps 4
• No Parties, Weddings or Events, Please
• Payment Policy: 50% of the total amount due is payable at the time of booking and is non-refundable. The balance of the full payment is due and non-refundable 45 days prior to arrival.
- combination tub/shower
- Child's Highchair
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Entertainment / Electronics
- Land Line w/ Long Distance
- Satellite Television
- Booster Seat Rentals
- Pack n Play Rentals
- Dog Friendly
- Clothes Dryer
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linens
- Hot Tub Towels
- Wall Heaters
- Gas Fireplace
- View Windows
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Washer & Dryer
- Gas Range
- Ice Maker
- Slow Cooker
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Linens
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Waffle Iron
- Covered Porch
- Walking Trails
- Deck Furniture
- Gas Grill
- Private Hot Tub
- Romantic Retreat
- Enter your arrival date and departure date
- Enter the number of adults and number of children who will be traveling with you
- Enter "Yes" if you will be bringing a dog with you
- Then, click on "Calculate Rental Cost"
The rental rate for this vacation rental is $145-285/Night.
Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night in our pet-friendly homes, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Accidental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Rates are subject to change at any time.
Great place to spend a couple of days relaxing with your significant other. Rained most of our trip, but the hot tub and grill area are covered by a roof and we really enjoyed watching the rain fall around us. Directions provided took me right to the cabin with no problems.
Services from rental manager
I arrived late on a Friday night and followed clear instructions from Mt. Hood Vacation Rentals on how to pick u my key from the office. The office is right off the highway and easy to find. However, I found the map they provided to be lacking in detail and the roads were not clearly marked. After taking two turns off the main highway, my phone lost service. Therefore, I could not use GPS or call the emergency line for help. Because it was late and dark, I drove around a few different private drives until finally finding an address post with a number that differed by my cabin's address by only a few digits. (The post for my cabin was not there). So I assumed my house must be on the next private drive.
I understand that a remote cabin is going to be situated far from the main road and that natural signage from the town may be limited, but I think Mt. Hood Vacation Rentals could have posted signs of their own and / or provided a more detailed map. It also became obvious to me that one of the critical street signs with the house address was not posted at an intersection between mine and my neighbor's house. I wonder if this cabin is new or if the sign has fallen down.
Other than that, my stay was very pleasant and peaceful. The cabin was clean, felt spacious yet cozy, and the hot tub was refreshing after long days of riding and skiing. I also enjoyed all of the natural light that radiated through he cabin's skylights and windows from the morning sun. I would definitely book another stay with Mt. Hood Vacation Rentals, but perhaps plan to arrive during daylight ;)
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Firwood Cabin. We will check into the signage; there were 3 address signs at one time, one at each turn, so maybe one has gone missing.
Services from rental manager
We loved our experience at this cabin. It is nestled quietly in the woods. We were able to enjoy a lightning storm while we were in the covered hot tub. It's nice to get away from social media and just spend time with the ones we love. Very clean and has everything you need to be comfortable. Everyone during check in were super helpful and nice. Not far from hiking or the river.
We are so glad you had such a nice quiet and unplugged time at the Firwood Cabin. And how awesome to watch a lightning storm while you were warm and cozy in the hot tub.
Services from rental manager