Stay with us at Tom's Creek Haus
About this Vacation Rental
Tom's Creek Haus, a charming remodeled 1935 cabin set next to Camp Creek in Government Camp at the base of Mt Hood is ideal for a romantic retreat, a mountain getaway for two couples or a small family vacation. Escape the city to this spacious cabin along the creek where during the winter, you can hear the stream flowing by from the private hot tub on the covered deck and during the summer months you can relax down by the creek and dip your toes in the water with a good book or sipping drinks in the sunshine on the spacious deck. You will be a short walk to downtown Government Camp for dining and shopping, Mt Hood Skibowl for winter snow fun and summer mountain biking and the Crosstown Trail for summer hiking and winter cross-country skiing.
Friends and family will enjoy time together in the vaulted great room sitting by a fire in the rustic rock fireplace or while cooking in the fully-equipped kitchen. Sip your morning coffee at the breakfast bar. The dining room is just inside the covered porch which makes it easy to grill dinner year-round on the gas BBQ. During the summer, sit on the deck next to Camp Creek while you are serenaded by the running water and song birds.
There is plenty of room with the vaulted great room where you can gather around the woodstove set in the vintage rock hearth or sit around the table in the dining room putting together puzzles, playing board games or feasting on a fabulous meal prepared in the fully-equipped kitchen. This cabin comes with Internet TV so you can watch Netflix, Hulu and other favorite TV shows and free wifi to keep you connected.
There is a bedroom with a queen bed and a full bathroom on the main level. You will also find the laundry room here. Upstairs is the master suite with the king log bed and newly remodeled spa-like bathroom with a soaking tub and tiled walk-in shower.
• Creekside Setting in Government Camp
• Camp Creek
• Wood Stove & Pellet Stove
• Complimentary Starter Supply of Firewood Provided
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen
• 1 King Bed in Master Suite
• 1 Queen Bed in Downstairs Bedroom
• 1 Double Sofa Bed in the Living Room
• 2 Full Bathrooms
• Private, Outdoor Hot Tub
• Outdoor Chimenea for Summer Campfires
• Deck with Propane BBQ and Deck Furniture
• Streaming TV, Hulu, Netflix
• Internet Speed: Fast - 100+ Mbps
• Land Line Phone (limited cell service)
• Washer / Dryer
• Dogs are Welcome to Join You
• No Smoking
• 2020 Square Feet
• Property Elevation: 3890 Feet
• Parking: Max 2 Vehicles, No Street Parking
• Note: Snowy roads and driveway require traction devices (chains or snow tires) and 4WD for access during the winter
• Sleeps 6
• No Parties, Weddings or Events, Please
• Payment Policy: 50% of the total amount due is payable at the time of booking and is non-refundable. The balance of the full payment is due and non-refundable 45 days prior to arrival.
Entertainment / Electronics
- Land Line w/ Long Distance
- Streaming TV
- Wifi - Fast, 100+ Mbps
- Booster Seat Rentals
- Pack n Play Rentals
- Dog Friendly
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linens
- En Suite Bedroom
- Forced Air Heating
- Great Room
- Hot Tub Towels
- Primary Bedroom Suite
- Walk-in Shower
- Wood-burning Fireplace
- View Windows
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Washer & Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Smooth Electric Cook Top
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Linens
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Waffle Iron
- Covered Porch
- Not Secluded
- Path / Trail to Water
- Riverfront / Creekside Access
- Riverfront / Creekside
- Deck Furniture
- Gas Grill
- Private Hot Tub
- Romantic Retreat
- Enter your arrival date and departure date
- Enter the number of adults and number of children who will be traveling with you
- Enter "Yes" if you will be bringing a dog with you
- Then, click on "Calculate Rental Cost"
The rental rate for this vacation rental is $190-390/Night.
Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night in our pet-friendly homes, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Accidental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Rates are subject to change at any time.
The Ladies at MT Hood Vacation Rentals went out of their way to ensure that we were able to stay on the mountain even though the original house we rented was no longer available due to the storm that swept through the area the previous day. Although we had to wait for an hour to get into the place due to a mix up in security code we eventually got in and had a great weekend. The wireless was not working but was not due to anything MHR did, just storm damage that affected the whole mountain. The house was clean and well maintained, hot tub was hot and BBQ worked great. The house itself is a quirky mishmash of rooms and the kitchen is small for more than one cook but we made it work and had a blast.
Services from rental manager
This was our second December stay at Tom's Creek Haus. We didn't get as lucky with the snow this time but still had a great time with our family. The house is quirky but well equipped, although it took us almost the full week to find most of the forks and table knives. Had no idea there was a third rack in the dishwasher and someone had left them in there clean. The location is awesome, even better when the restaurants are fully open.
I noticed a few misses on the cleaning but overall it was good. The hot tub could have used more water but we didn't try to figure that out. Maybe we missed the instructions?
We had no problems with the wood stove. It kept the front part of the house cozy and warm. And we appreciated the little Christmas tree!
Services from rental manager
We had a great time at the creek haus! The house was beautiful, well equipped and comfortable and the location was perfect too! I loved the personality of the place, too
Services from rental manager