Stay with us at Forest View Lodge
About this Vacation Rental
Forest View Lodge is a relaxed and comfortable 3-level log home on 2 1/2 private acres surrounded by national forest. Enjoy the view of the Huckleberry Wilderness and Salmon River Valley through the floor-to-ceiling windows in the vaulted great room or while you stroll around the property. The spacious kitchen in the great room includes all full-size appliances and everything you need to prepare a fabulous meal for your friends and family. Walk out to the wrap-around deck from the kitchen with your morning coffee and enjoy the sunny mountain and forest views.
With three living spaces - one on each level, there is plenty of room for everyone to have a good time enjoying a variety of activities. The main level great room includes over-sized, soft sofas and the woodstove creating a relaxing place to join your friends with a glass of wine and conversation. Downstairs, you will find the game room with a large screen TV, BlueRay DVD player and foos ball. The upstairs loft is a second area for watching TV or relaxing with a good book. With limited wifi & cell service, this is a great place to get away from it all.
The vaulted master suite is on the upper level and includes a king bed and large en suite bathroom with walk-in shower and jetted tub. On the lower level, there are 2 bedrooms, each with a queen bed, sharing a Jack-n-Jill bathroom with shower and tub enclosure. The kids' bunk room is on the main level with 2 bunk beds sleeping 4 kids. The 3rd full bathroom is also on the main level.
Walk out to the back deck from the lower level to soak in the private, outdoor hot tub and eat dinner on the picnic table next to the seasonal creek and pond. You will be captivated by the local deer family that wanders through the yard at dawn and dusk daily. The gas BBQ is located on the main level near the kitchen and dining room under the covered porch for your convenience.
Protecting your family and your friends in a Mt Hood Vacation Rental
• We utilize EPA-approved chemicals to clean and disinfect the Forest View Lodge after every visit so you can rest assured that everything is perfectly disinfected.
• We follow specialized processes and procedures to contain soiled linens on their way out of the Forest View Lodge and to protect clean linens being delivered to the cabin to ensure there is no cross contamination.
• We launder all linens in our commercial laundry facility using detergents, sanitizers, bleach and high temperatures to kill any microbes.
• Our professional inspectors follow our cleaning teams to ensure the Forest View Lodge is clean and ready for your family and friends to enjoy safely.
• We have implemented “no-contact” check-in and check-out procedures to ensure your safety. We are available by phone and email should you need assistance or have questions.
• Secluded Forest Setting in Welches
• Seasonal Creek & Pond
• Wood Stove
• Complimentary Starter Supply of Firewood Provided
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen
• 1 King Bed in Master Suite
• 1 Queen Bed in Downstairs Bedroom
• 1 Queen Bed in Second Downstairs Bedroom
• 2 Bunk Beds in Kids' Room on the Main Level
• Game Room with Foos Ball, Internet TV, BlueRay DVD & X-Box 360 (Bring your own games)
• 3 Full Bathrooms
• Private, Outdoor Hot Tub
• Deck with Propane BBQ and Deck Furniture
• Streaming TV, Amazon Echo, Apple TV, Hulu
• Complimentary WiFi (limited speed)
• Land Line Phone w / Free Long Distance (limited cell service)
• Outdoor, Paved Basketball Court
• Washer / Dryer
• Dogs are Welcome to Join You
• No Smoking
• 3196 Square Feet
• Property Elevation: 1498 Feet
• Note: Snowy roads and steep driveway require traction devices (chains or snow tires) and 4WD for access during the winter
• Parking: Max 4 Vehicles, No Street Parking
• No Parties, Weddings or Events, Please
Entertainment / Electronics
- Foos Ball Table
- Land Line w/ Long Distance
- Streaming TV
- Booster Seat Rentals
- Pack n Play Rentals
- Dog Friendly
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linens
- Forced Air Heating
- Great Room
- Hot Tub Towels
- Master Suite
- Walk-in Shower
- Whirlpool Tub
- View Windows
- Washer & Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Smooth Electric Cook Top
- Wall Oven
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Linens
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Waffle Iron
- Log Cabin
- Basketball Hoop
- Covered Porch
- Secluded (No Next Door Neighbor)
- Deck Furniture
- Gas Grill
- Private Hot Tub
- Featured Property
- Enter your arrival date and departure date
- Enter the number of adults and number of children who will be traveling with you
- Enter "Yes" if you will be bringing a dog with you
- Then, click on "Calculate Rental Cost"
The rental rate for this vacation rental is $215-685/Night.
Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night in our pet-friendly homes, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Accidental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Rates are subject to change at any time.
This stay was excellent, the cabin is fully equipped with everything needed from the kitchen supplies, movie selection, plenty of pillows and blankets etc. the cabin itself is beautiful, clean and in a nice secluded location but easy to find.
Would definitely stay here again!
Services from rental manager
A very comfortable four day stay for six adults, four children and three dogs!! Beds were comfortable and kitchen was well provisioned. There was spotty but we new that going in. Many DVDs, games and books were available.
Services from rental manager
Our group of 6 women out for our annual hiking trip used Forest View as home base for day hikes. The location was convenient for the low elevation hikes that were not snow covered in early October. It would have been a bit more of a drive for the Timberline region hikes that were snow covered. In general we found the house to be ideal for our purposes which include cooking together for several evenings. We all felt that some of the important and necessary appliances need attention or replacement. The dishwasher is very sad; it is generally rickety, silverware baskets won't stand up, racks won't stay on tracks, and takes hours to run a regular cycle. This is a serious issue for a house that holds up to 10 people! The gas grill would only light one small section of burner and we were unable to use it to cook the kabobs that we brought. Finally, the media devices all required many, many minutes of fiddling to operate and sometimes we had to give up. Any electronic devices that depend on wifi (such as the Apple TV and your personal laptop or phone) are nearly useless as the wifi is (maybe understandably) weak and unreliable. On the good side, hot water was plentiful, beds comfy, furnace acceptable and ambiance, decor and space allocation were all fine.
Services from rental manager