Stay with us at Bear Den Log Cabin
About this Vacation Rental
If you are looking for a classic log cabin experience when you visit Mt Hood, the Bear Den Log Cabin is where you will want to stay. This rough-hewn log cabin is tucked away in the woods alongside Billy Creek. You can sit back on the creekside deck and relax to the sounds of the babbling brook flowing by and the soft breezes blowing through the trees. You will be far enough off the main road to enjoy peace and quiet, yet close enough to access Mt Hood recreation and activities in minutes.
Grill dinner on the Weber gas BBQ and eat out al fresco or gather around the dining table inside while enjoying a roaring fire in the rock fireplace in the vaulted great room.
This rustic log cabin is ideal for a couple on a romantic retreat or a small family vacation with two bedrooms (1 king, 1 queen) and the sofa bed in the loft plus two full bathrooms.
• On Billy Creek in Welches
• Open Great Room
• Quiet Dead-end Road
• Wood-burning Woodstove in River Rock Fireplace
• Starter Supply of Firewood Provided
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen
• 1 King Bed in Master Suite
• 1 Queen Bed in Bedroom Downstairs
• 1 Queen Sofa Bed in Loft
• 2 Full Bathrooms
• Jetted Whirlpool Tub in Master Bathroom
• Deck with Propane BBQ and Deck Furniture
• Cable TV
• Internet Speed: Medium - 21-100 Mbps
• Land Line Phone w / Free Long Distance (limited cell service)
• Washer / Dryer
• Your Dogs are Welcome!
• No Smoking
• 1866 Square Feet
• Property Elevation: 1390 Feet
• Note: Steep driveway and snow on the road requires traction devices (chains or snow tires) and 4WD for access during the winter
• Parking: Max 2 Vehicles, No Street Parking
• Sleeps 6
• No Parties, Weddings or Events, Please
• Payment Policy: 50% of the total amount due is payable at the time of booking and is non-refundable. The balance of the full payment is due and non-refundable 45 days prior to arrival.
Entertainment / Electronics
- Cable TV
- Land Line w/ Long Distance
- TV in Master
- WiFi - Medium, 20-99 Mbps
- Booster Seat Rentals
- Pack n Play Rentals
- Dog Friendly
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linens
- En Suite Bedroom
- Forced Air Heating
- Primary Bedroom Suite
- Walk-in Shower
- Whirlpool Tub
- Wood-burning Fireplace
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Washer & Dryer
- Wall Oven
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Electric Range
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Linens
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Waffle Iron
- Log Cabin
- Covered Porch
- Path / Trail to Water
- Riverfront / Creekside Access
- Walking Trails
- Riverfront / Creekside
- Deck Furniture
- Gas Grill
- Romantic Retreat
- Enter your arrival date and departure date
- Enter the number of adults and number of children who will be traveling with you
- Enter "Yes" if you will be bringing a dog with you
- Then, click on "Calculate Rental Cost"
The rental rate for this vacation rental is $170-315/Night.
Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night in our pet-friendly homes, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Accidental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Rates are subject to change at any time.
rented the cabin for Mother's Day weekend. this was the first time my mother had been able to stay over night somewhere for 21 years. Her husband recently passed away after a long health battle. My sister and I planned all the meals to cook so that we could stay in the cabin and play games and scrapbook. However, friday night as we began to cook dinner it became very clear that the stovetop did not work very well. We were only able to get one burner to work. Even though the burner was on it didnt stay heated. We made due using the oven and microwave for as much as we could. Of course that didnt work for cooking eggs. We would love to make this a yearly trip. But only if the stove gets fixed.
We are so sorry to hear that the burners were not working for your Mother's Day breakfast. We have looked at the range and all of the burners are now working. We would have been happy to come by and take care of it for you during your stay. Reach out to us the next time you are ready to book a vacation rental and we will make sure we direct to a newer cabin with newer appliances.
Services from rental manager
It's a very nice place. The bear and flag aren't so overwhelming as in the picture. Could use some gravel near front entrance porch - getting muddy. Everything went smooth.
Services from rental manager
This place was really perfect! 5/5
It was exactly what we were looking for - the log cabin experience. The team at MHVR was very communicative and helpful. Everything was ready for us, and the place was immaculately clean! Not a speck of dust anywhere. I was expecting some remnants from past guests or their dogs, but there was none! We were also pleasantly surprised by the babbling creek that runs directly behind the cabin off the back deck. It would have been so peaceful if the weather allowed.
A couple things to note, that did not take much away from the experience. We arrived at night, and this place is DARK. The house was lit up just fine (all the lights were on) but the yard and driveway were almost pitch black. It was somewhat tricky to see the driveway, and unloading the car was a challenge. Just something to be aware of - bring a flashlight.
Also, directly in front of the front steps is a big puddle of mud, be careful.
Services from rental manager