Mt Hood Vacation Rentals Policies
As a guest of Mt Hood Vacation Rentals, you agree to the following policies:
Check-in: Check-in is from 4-6 PM at our office at 67898 E Highway 26 in Welches, Oregon. You will receive keys, maps & directions to your rental home upon arrival. Keys, maps and directions will be issued only to the person whose name appears on the reservation.
Late Check-ins: If you expect to arrive for check-in after 6 PM, please call us by 5:30 so we can make arrangements to put your keys, maps & directions in a lock box.
Check-out: Check-out is 11 AM. Please return keys to the office upon check-out. You will be charged a minimum of $75 for any keys not returned upon departure. Late check-outs will be charged a service fee which could equal up to the amount for an additional night.
- Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
- Rates are based upon minimum occupancy. Rent of $25 per person per night is added on up to maximum occupancy for the home.
- Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Vacation Rental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.
- Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Pet Rent: Over 3/4 of our homes allow dogs. If you wish to travel with your dog, Mt Hood Vacation Rentals must be informed in advance. Your dog(s) must be registered with us and may only come along if you are staying in a pet-friendly home. Otherwise please leave your dogs at home. We welcome dogs only; all other pets may be considered on a case-by-case basis. We charge $25 pet rent + 7.8% lodging tax per night for the privilege of bringing your dog. Sorry, but cats are not permitted in any of our vacation rentals.
Guest Services Fee: The Guest Services Fee which is added to each reservation includes:
- Reservation processing
- Concierge services during office hours including discounted lift tickets, Sno-Park permits and Northwest Forest Passes plus recreation, restaurant and shopping recommendations
- Emergency after-hours services 24/7/365 including lock-outs
- Assistance with home electronics
- Delivery of firewood, additional towels or supplies as requested by guest (may include a charge for the items delivered)
- Complimentary wifi access (in locations where wifi is available)
- Complimentary copy / fax services (in our office – up to 10 pages per day)
The Guest Services Fee is a minimum of 10% of the rent with a minimum and maximum charge amount and will vary depending upon the home you rent. The Guest Services Fee is non-refundable.
Lodging Taxes: There will be a 6% County Lodging Tax and 1.8% State Lodging Tax calculated & charged on the total rental rate.
Vacation Rental Travel Insurance: Mt Hood Vacation Rentals offers Red Sky Travel Insurance to every guest. Vacation Rental Travel Insurance reimburses you for pre-paid, non-refundable rent and tax due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. You may be able to receive a refund of rent and tax if you have purchased the insurance. We strongly recommend that you purchase this valuable protection. If you decline to purchase travel insurance, you acknowledge you have read and understand our cancellation policy and choose not to purchase Red Sky Travel Insurance on behalf of all occupants and guests of your reservation. If you choose to purchase Red Sky Travel Insurance, the full premium is paid when you make your first payment which is non-refundable. There is a 14 Day Free Look with the purchase of travel insurance. After the 14 Day Free Look (14 days after you make your first payment) the insurance premium is non-refundable. Red Sky Travel Insurance is authorized by the Oregon Department of Insurance. For questions concerning the travel insurance, please review the benefits of the policy at www.mountaintrippreserver.com or call 866-889-7409.
Accidental Damage Protection: Accidental Damage Protection is a non-refundable $30.00 fee assessed per reservation that covers accidental damages up to $1,500.00 in value to the vacation rental property; theft of items in the vacation rental property is not covered. Damage caused by acts of violence, malicious behavior or negligence by the guest will not be covered.
- Accidental Damage Protection coverage is limited to the vacation rental property you are occupying under the terms of your reservation confirmation and does not cover any other structure or property.
- Accidental Damage Protection covers damages to the interior of the vacation rental property including furnishings, appliances and other fixtures.
- Accidental Damage Protection coverage includes limited damage to the exterior of the vacation rental property you are occupying including porches and decks.
- Accidental Damage Protection does not cover damages to the hot tub due to a guest not following Mt Hood Vacation Rentals’ hot tub policies. If the hot tub requires any extra maintenance or repairs due to misuse during your visit, you will be charged a minimum of $100.00 for the cost of repairs and maintenance.
- Accidental Damage Protection does not cover loss, theft or damage of guests’ personal items such as luggage, clothing, electronics, vehicles, sporting equipment, food or any other items that are not a part of the vacation rental property.
- Accidental Damage Protection does not cover damages caused by acts of God, nature, weather or weather-related situations, mechanical or electrical failure, normal wear and tear or power failures.
- Accidental Damage Protection does not cover loss of use of the vacation rental property for any reason.
- Accidental damage must be reported to Mt Hood Vacation Rentals immediately for the expense incurred to repair the damage to be covered.
- Guest is responsible for charges due to damages over and above $1,500.00.
- Accidental Damage Protection coverage begins upon guest arrival on check in day and ends upon guest departure on check out day.
- Guest may choose to waive the Accidental Damage Protection and pay a refundable security deposit of $1,500.00 to cover potential damages which is due in full upon booking of the reservation. The security deposit less any expenses for damages may be refunded up to 30 days after departure.
Cancellations: Upon receipt of any payment, that becomes non-refundable. If you need to cancel and have not purchased the Accidental Damage Protection, there will be no refunds. Policies and rates are subject to change without notice. There will be no refunds due to acts of God, nature, weather or weather-related situations, mechanical or electrical failure, ski, snowboard, bike or golf conditions, power failures or family feuds.
Changes: Prior to your final payment due date there is no charge to add guests up to maximum occupancy or add nights to your reservation. Once your payment has become non-refundable, there are no date changes allowed.
Smoke-Free Vacation Rentals: All of our homes are non-smoking. We ask that guests who wish to smoke do so outside only and use the ashtrays provided. Please do not litter the grounds of the rental home with cigarette butts or matches.
Payment Policy: 30% of the total amount due is payable at the time of booking and is non-refundable. The balance of the full payment is due and non-refundable 45 days prior to arrival, with the following exceptions:
- Thanksgiving: We offer an easy payment plan that allows you to divide your Thanksgiving charges into 4 equal payments with the first payment due upon booking or August 1, whichever comes first. The remaining payments are due September 1, October 1 and November 1. All payments are fully non-refundable.
- Christmas: We offer a holiday layaway payment plan that allows you to divide your Christmas Vacation charges into 5 equal payments with the first payment due upon booking or August 1, whichever comes first. The remaining payments are due September 1, October 1, November 1 and December 1. All payments made are fully non-refundable.
- Reservations of 8 or more nights: One half of the full payment due is payable and fully non-refundable when the reservation is booked. The balance due is payable and fully non-refundable 45 days prior to arrival.
Payment Method: We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and cash.
Limited Occupancy: Clackamas County and our safety code determine the occupancy level of each home. We do not permit sleeping on the floor, sofas or any other furniture that is not designated as a sleeping area. We do not permit camping in tents, on decks or patios or in RVs or campers on the property. Each vacation rental home has a clearly stated maximum occupancy, which may not be exceeded. Additional guests joining your group up to the maximum occupancy limit must be pre-approved by Mt Hood Vacation Rentals & additional rent must be paid in advance. Unauthorized guests will be evicted immediately. The primary registered guest on the reservation must be over 21 years of age and must be staying at the vacation rental for the entire visit. The primary registered guest will be held responsible for any expenses incurred during the visit. No guests who are under 21 years of age may stay in the rental home unless they are with their parents or legal guardians.
Parking: Each vacation rental home has clearly stated maximum parking. You may park your additional vehicles in our parking lot with pre-approval. Additional vehicles may be towed at vehicle owner's expense. RVs, campers or trailers may not be parked at the rental home or on the rental property for other people to use. Tents are not permitted on decks or on the surrounding grounds.
Repairs & Service Calls: Because we are in a rural area, it is often difficult to get repairs done the same day we are made aware of their need. Please be patient if something is not working properly and we will do our best to remedy the situation as quickly as possible.
Amenities: All of our vacation rental homes are fully furnished and supplied including full kitchens with all appliances (refrigerator/freezer, stove top, oven, dishwasher, microwave & toaster), TV and DVD player, telephone with unlimited long distance, washer/dryer, fireplace or woodstove & all bed, bath & kitchen linens. For a full list of amenities, please click on the "Amenities" tab on the web page for the home you are renting. All you need to bring is your food and personal items. Visit our FAQ page for more information.
Telephones & Internet Access: All of our vacation rental homes are equipped with a telephone and free long distance dialing. Our local calling region is from Forest Grove in the west, to Government Camp to the east, the Columbia River to the north and Wilsonville to the south. All but one of our homes have wifi Internet connections that are free for you to use. There are also several locations around the Mt Hood area that provide free Internet access. Because of the tall trees and mountains, cell phones do not receive a signal at all of the rental homes.
Hot Tubs: Most of our vacation rental homes provide a private outdoor hot tub. If there is a hot tub at your vacation rental, read and follow the instructions provided to you in your reservation email and in the Guest Guide Book in the home regarding use. We make every effort to keep the hot tubs clean, well maintained and in good working order. Due to the logistics of living on the mountain, we cannot always arrange for timely repairs or guarantee the mechanical operation of the equipment. Do not adjust anything on the hot tub except the jets and lights. If the hot tub requires any extra maintenance or repairs due to misuse during your visit, you will be charged a minimum of $100 for the cost of repairs and maintenance.
Furnishings & Equipment: All vacation rental homes are privately owned properties that have been furnished and equipped by the homeowner. As such, Mt Hood Vacation Rentals cannot make any changes to the furnishings or equipment provided by the homeowner. If you require special appliances or equipment, please bring them with you. Decor, style, and color will vary & furnishings are subject to change without notice. Under no circumstances are furniture, bedding, mattress pads, utensils or any other items supplied with the rental property to be taken out or transferred from one property to another; you will be charged to retrieve or replace rental home property that is removed from the home. Moving of furniture is prohibited; do not move furniture or otherwise remodel the home. You will be charged for the time it takes to move furniture and for any repairs of any damages caused by moving items. Each rental home has a locked storage area for the owner's personal items and supplies; please do not attempt to open locked storage areas.
Fireplaces & Firewood: Most of our rental homes are equipped with a fireplace or woodstove. If your home has a wood-burning fireplace or woodstove, we will provide a complementary starter supply of firewood - about 10 pieces for each night of your visit. You may bring additional firewood with you, purchase it from our office during regular business hours or at local stores. If the home has a gas fireplace, firewood may not be burned in the fireplace. This will damage the fireplace; you will be charged for repairs. Do not burn trash or other items in the fireplaces or woodstoves. We do not provide firewood for outside firepits or fireplaces.
Outside Fires & Barbecues: Please do not build fires outside unless there is a specifically designated firepit on the property. You must provide your own wood for outside fires. Do not use the firewood for the house or cut down trees. Most years, outside fires are banned by July 4th, reopening in the fall. While cooking on barbecues, be sure there is someone monitoring the BBQ at all times. Leave coals and ashes from BBQ's, fireplaces and woodstoves where they are; we will dispose of them later. Make sure you clean the BBQ's and turn off the propane after each use. Fireworks of any kind are not permitted at any time.
Bugs, Critters & Bears: Sometimes, non-human residents of the mountain may decide to join you at your vacation home. We hope you enjoy watching the variety of wildlife such as birds, bats, deer, raccoons, chipmunks and the occasional black bear that live in this mountain community. There are bears and other wild animals (as well as neighborhood dogs) in the area that would like nothing more than to get into your garbage or to clean the BBQ grill for you. Be sure not to leave any food or garbage outside and to clean the BBQ grill after each use. Please ensure that garbage can lids are securely tightened on the garbage cans.
Housekeeping: All of our vacation rental homes are completely cleaned and sanitized before your arrival and after your departure. You are on vacation, so relax, we will do the cleaning. There are just a few things we ask you to do upon departure.
- Please do not put linens in washer; we will professionally launder them..
- Load the dishwasher and turn it on. Clean the kitchen of any food spills. Take left-over food with you.
- Gather all trash and put it in the outdoor container. Tightly secure the lid.
- Leave recyclable items in the recycling containers provided.
- Clean carpet and floor spills.
- Check closets, drawers and under beds for personal items.
- Turn off hot tub jets and lights. Make sure the lid is on the hot tub. Refer to your hot tub letter for specific instructions.
- Please do not move or rearrange furniture.
- Be sure fires in woodstoves or fireplaces are dead out.
- Turn heat down to 60°. Turn off all lights.
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Return all keys to the office by 11 AM.
Parties & Events: We do not allow parties or other special events at our vacation rentals. The minimum fee is $500 for any unauthorized event that we find out about after the fact. We reserve the right to deny occupancy to any group who has an unauthorized party or event at the rental home. There will be no refund of rent or other taxes and fees for unauthorized events.
Courtesy to Neighbors: The renter agrees to use the property in a fashion for which it is reasonably intended. The renter will not act in a manner that will infringe upon other guests' or neighbors' rights, enjoyment or use of property or adjacent property. Respect quiet times and keep noise levels down between 9 PM and 9 AM. The following items are strictly prohibited in the rental home, on the property of the rental home or on property adjacent to the rental home: no paint balls, no water balloons, no BB guns, no fireworks, no cigarette butts, no beer caps, no stickers.
Construction: Mt Hood Vacation Rentals cannot predict construction projects in the neighborhood of the home you will be staying in. You may reserve a house at a time when there is no construction in progress nearby, but construction could begin prior to your arrival. We regret any inconvenience that may result, but have no control in these situations and are not able to facilitate relocations or refunds.
Lost & Found: We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. If we find a left-behind item, we will attempt to contact you to determine the best way to return your belongings. We will keep unclaimed items for 30 days, at which time they will be donated to charity. You will be charged for shipping plus a minimum $25 handling fee for belongings that you request be returned.
Power Outages: During the winter months, the Mt Hood area may experience power outages due to winter weather conditions including wind, rain, fallen trees, ice or sometimes traffic accidents. For us, periodic blackouts are a way of life. As a visitor, you may feel a bit uneasy; we understand that, so we recommend that you bring flashlights with you. For safety reasons, we do not allow candles in our vacation rentals. Typically the power will be restored within a few hours; you can call PGE at 503-464-7777 for more details for the house you are staying in.
Substitutions: Mt Hood Vacation Rentals reserves the right to substitute comparable accommodations, without notice or liability, should the vacation rental home you have rented be out of order or unavailable. When comparable accommodations are not available, you will have the option of selecting from available rental homes at the published rate.
Right of Entry: Mt Hood Vacation Rentals shall have the right at any and all reasonable times to enter and inspect the premises.
Eviction: Mt Hood Vacation Rentals reserves the right to evict at any time any guest who is not in compliance with the above stated policies. There will be no refunds for evictions due to non-compliance with the policies.
Legal Action: The renter shall pay any and all legal fees and costs to the owner and/or agent if any action or suit shall be brought about by the owner or agent for the recovery of rent due, reimbursement of damages, cleaning or other expenses incurred by the renter or to enforce any right hereby conferred, or the recovery of the possession of the premises.