Stay with us at Tom's Creek Haus
About this Vacation Rental
Tom's Creek Haus, a charming remodeled 1935 cabin set next to Camp Creek in Government Camp at the base of Mt Hood is ideal for a romantic retreat, a mountain getaway for two couples or a small family vacation. Escape the city to this spacious cabin along the creek where during the winter, you can hear the stream flowing by from the private hot tub on the covered deck and during the summer months you can relax down by the creek and dip your toes in the water with a good book or sipping drinks in the sunshine on the spacious deck. You will be a short walk to downtown Government Camp for dining and shopping, Mt Hood Skibowl for winter snow fun and summer mountain biking and the Crosstown Trail for summer hiking and winter cross-country skiing.
Friends and family will enjoy time together in the vaulted great room sitting by a fire in the rustic rock fireplace or while cooking in the fully-equipped kitchen. Sip your morning coffee at the breakfast bar. The dining room is just inside the covered porch which makes it easy to grill dinner year-round on the gas BBQ. During the summer, sit on the deck next to Camp Creek while you are serenaded by the running water and song birds.
There is plenty of room with the vaulted great room where you can gather around the woodstove set in the vintage rock hearth or sit around the table in the dining room putting together puzzles, playing board games or feasting on a fabulous meal prepared in the fully-equipped kitchen. This cabin comes with Internet TV so you can watch Netflix, Hulu and other favorite TV shows and free wifi to keep you connected.
There is a bedroom with a queen bed and a full bathroom on the main level. You will also find the laundry room here. Upstairs is the master suite with the king log bed and newly remodeled spa-like bathroom with a soaking tub and tiled walk-in shower.
Protecting your family and your friends in a Mt Hood Vacation Rental
• We utilize EPA-approved chemicals to clean and disinfect the Tom's Creek Haus after every visit so you can rest assured that everything is perfectly disinfected.
• We follow specialized processes and procedures to contain soiled linens on their way out of the Tom's Creek Haus and to protect clean linens being delivered to the cabin to ensure there is no cross contamination.
• We launder all linens in our commercial laundry facility using detergents, sanitizers, bleach and high temperatures to kill any microbes.
• Our professional inspectors follow our cleaning teams to ensure the Tom's Creek Haus is clean and ready for your family and friends to enjoy safely.
• We have implemented “no-contact” check-in and check-out procedures to ensure your safety. We are available by phone and email should you need assistance or have questions.
• Creekside Setting in Government Camp
• Camp Creek
• Wood Stove & Pellet Stove
• Complimentary Starter Supply of Firewood Provided
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen
• 1 King Bed in Master Suite
• 1 Queen Bed in Downstairs Bedroom
• 1 Double Sofa Bed in the Living Room
• 2 Full Bathrooms
• Private, Outdoor Hot Tub
• Outdoor Chimenea for Summer Campfires
• Deck with Propane BBQ and Deck Furniture
• Streaming TV, Hulu, Netflix
• Internet Speed: Slow - under 20 Mbps
• Land Line Phone (limited cell service)
• Washer / Dryer
• Dogs are Welcome to Join You
• No Smoking
• 2020 Square Feet
• Property Elevation: 3890 Feet
• Parking: Max 2 Vehicles, No Street Parking
• Note: Snowy roads and driveway require traction devices (chains or snow tires) and 4WD for access during the winter
• Sleeps 6
• No Parties, Weddings or Events, Please
• Payment Policy: 50% of the total amount due is payable at the time of booking and is non-refundable. The balance of the full payment is due and non-refundable 45 days prior to arrival.
Entertainment / Electronics
- Land Line w/ Long Distance
- Streaming TV
- WiFi - Slow, Under 20 Mbps
- Booster Seat Rentals
- Pack n Play Rentals
- Dog Friendly
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linens
- Forced Air Heating
- Great Room
- Hot Tub Towels
- Master Suite
- Walk-in Shower
- Wood-burning Fireplace
- View Windows
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Washer & Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Smooth Electric Cook Top
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Linens
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Waffle Iron
- Covered Porch
- Not Secluded
- Path / Trail to Water
- Riverfront / Creekside Access
- Riverfront / Creekside
- Deck Furniture
- Gas Grill
- Private Hot Tub
- Romantic Retreat
- Enter your arrival date and departure date
- Enter the number of adults and number of children who will be traveling with you
- Enter "Yes" if you will be bringing a dog with you
- Then, click on "Calculate Rental Cost"
The rental rate for this vacation rental is $145-415/Night.
Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night in our pet-friendly homes, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Accidental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Rates are subject to change at any time.
My husband and I escaped the city to this cozy cabin to celebrate our anniversary and take a break from COVID craziness. We were most looking forward to using the hot tub and listening to the creek from bed. Tom's Creek Haus didn't disappoint. The location is great—walking distance from Government Camp—and the bedroom felt like a treehouse. We appreciated the games, the stocked kitchen, and the covered hot tub.
There were a few things we were disappointed with: When we arrived in the early evening, we immediately went to the hot tub. First, the code on the info sheet to unlock the hot tub was incorrect. Fortunately, the correct code is listed on the fridge, but it took us 15 frustrating minutes to figure that out. I expect Mt. Hood Rentals to correct this. Then, when we finally unlocked the hot tub, we found it was only half full. We filled the tub and waited 3+ hours for it to heat up. While I'm glad we were able to use the tub, it would have been great if Mt. Hood Rentals had checked the tub before we arrived. Also, we were unable to use the wood-burning stove. We reached out to Mt. Hood rentals for advice—is it broken or is it human error?—and did not hear back. The house's heat kept us warm, but we missed out on using the cozy fireplace.
Ultimately, we would stay here again.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and the tree house feeling in the master bedroom overlooking the creek. We have changed the code on the hot tub instructions, so it is correct in all places. We do check hot tubs prior to visits, so we are not sure why the water was so low; that usually indicates a leak, so something for us to watch for. The woodstove is working; you have to start a hot fire to push through the cold air that will push down from the top of the stove pipe. We do have annual inspections and cleanings scheduled, so it will be safe.
Services from rental manager
Nice, quiet, relaxing.
Services from rental manager
The house was great! There are more stairs in it than pictured, so for anyone with a physical limitation it would not be the best option. Worked lovely for our stay though. The house was well stocked except there were not many towells - luckily there is a washer and dryer so we just ran a few loads of linens during our stay.
Glad you liked your stay at Tom's Creek Haus. Thanks for letting people know abou the stairs, there are quite a few. We provide 2 bath towels, 1 hand towel, 1 wash cloth and 1 hot tub towel per registered guest plus a hand towel and bath mat for each bathroom. If you added extra people to your reservation, you may not have had enough towels.
Services from rental manager