Stay with us at Rapid River Retreat
About this Vacation Rental
You will have a quiet, relaxing vacation at the Rapid River Retreat, one of our most popular vacation rentals. Sit by the Sandy River with your morning coffee or a glass of wine in the afternoon and see and hear the Sandy River rushing by. With the west-facing backyard, you will soak in lots of afternoon sunshine while grilling dinner on the Weber gas BBQ. After dinner roast marshmallows and tell tall tales gathered around the firepit. The private, outdoor hot tub next to the river will cap off a day of fun and an evening of relaxation.
The vaulted great room is perfect for a gathering of friends and family who like to cook with the spacious open kitchen and second prep area with its own sink. You can sit around the large dining table for dinner and enjoy the river and mountain views through the floor-to-ceiling picture windows. The wood-burning fireplace warms the home and adds to the mountain lodge ambiance.
This home is perfectly suited for three couples or a small family with three bedrooms (1 king, 2 queens) accommodating up to 6 guests. There are two full bathrooms, one upstairs and one downstairs. Each bedroom looks out over the Sandy River and the Cascade foothills in the background adding to the relaxing atmosphere.
The kids will love adventuring in the forest surrounding the Rapid River Retreat as well as finding fun places to explore throughout the Villages of Mt Hood. Your dog will be happy that you brought him along on this getaway retreat with the river to play in and the gated, dead-end road for taking long walks. The national forest just across the street from the cabin is a perfect place for your dog to explore and run.
• On the Sandy River in Zigzag
• Open Great Room
• Quiet Dead-end Road in a Gated Neighborhood
• Wood-burning Fireplace
• Starter Supply of Firewood Provided
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen
• 1 King Bed in Master Bedroom Upstairs
• 1 Queen Bed in Bedroom Upstairs
• 1 Queen Sofa Bed in Master Bedroom Upstairs
• 1 Queen Bed in Bedroom Downstairs
• 2 Full Bathrooms
• Private, Outdoor Hot Tub
• Deck with Propane BBQ and Deck Furniture
• Cable TV
• Internet Speed: High - more than 100 Mbps
• Land Line Phone w / Free Long Distance (limited cell service)
• Washer / Dryer
• Your Dogs are Welcome!
• No Smoking
• 1832 Square Feet
• Property Elevation: 1550 Feet
• Note: Snowy roads and driveway require traction devices (chains or snow tires) and 4WD for access during the winter
• Parking: Max 3 Vehicles, No Street Parking
• Sleeps 8
• No Parties, Weddings or Events, Please
• Payment Policy: 50% of the total amount due is payable at the time of booking and is non-refundable. The balance of the full payment is due and non-refundable 45 days prior to arrival.
Entertainment / Electronics
- Cable TV
- Land Line w/ Long Distance
- TV in Master
- Booster Seat Rentals
- Pack n Play Rentals
- Dog Friendly
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linens
- Forced Air Heating
- Great Room
- Hot Tub Towels
- Walk-in Shower
- Wood-burning Fireplace
- View Windows
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Washer & Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Slow Cooker
- Smooth Electric Cook Top
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Linens
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Waffle Iron
- Covered Porch
- Path / Trail to Water
- Riverfront / Creekside Access
- Walking Trails
- Riverfront / Creekside
- Deck Furniture
- Gas Grill
- Private Hot Tub
- Enter your arrival date and departure date
- Enter the number of adults and number of children who will be traveling with you
- Enter "Yes" if you will be bringing a dog with you
- Then, click on "Calculate Rental Cost"
The rental rate for this vacation rental is $275-470/Night.
Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night in our pet-friendly homes, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Accidental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Rates are subject to change at any time.
This was an ideal place for a quick local stay-cay. So clean you'd never know anyone else had been there, and just 20 paces from a sweet, tiny sandy beach on the river.
Last year, our mountain community took major hits from the pandemic, wildfire threat, and more terrible weather. The restaurants and services here need our patronage, care, and understanding. They are soldiering on to stay open and feed travelers as well as folks who live here. Table and takeout service might be slow or limited, so have some patience and tip the heck out of everyone. We're so grateful for places like Rendezvous Grill, Barlow Trail Roadhouse, El Burro Loco, Skyway, and Dragonfly Cafe. And Mt. Hood Vacation Rentals makes it easy to enjoy the mountain, even during tough times.
Services from rental manager
Rapid River Retreat is a beautiful cabin set in a forest environment next to the Rapid River. Cabin has three bedrooms a fantastic kitchen, with floor to ceiling windows in the great room with views of the river and forest. Everything was exactly as described in the website. Can recommend.
Services from rental manager
This area and Mt Hood Vacation Rentals have become a family favorite for peaceful and serene getaways. Rapid River Retreat was beautifully located and maintained. Although the capacity indicates it can suit a party of 8 (if I remember correctly), it may be a bit cramped in sleeping space only if more than 5 or 6. We will definitely be returning so would recommend to anyone looking for a wonderful experience.
Services from rental manager