Stay with us at Thistle Dew
About this Vacation Rental
Thistle Dew, a completely renovated historic cabin along the Salmon River in Welches has been the center of Mt Hood memories for more than a century. Settle in at this cozy cabin with river views from most every room, the riverfront back deck and the grassy backyard. During the summer months dip your toes in the cool river water, during the late summer and early fall watch the salmon spawning with a backdrop of fall colors and in the winter, stay cozy and warm inside with a frosting of snow along the river's edge. Relax in the private, outdoor hot tub with Salmon River views.
The cabin setting is ideal for a romantic getaway with the cozy wood-filled interior and the sounds of the river flowing by. The spacious en suite bedroom includes a queen bed, twin day bed and attached bathroom. The modern kitchen includes a full-size refrigerator, range with cooktop and full-size oven, microwave, toaster and all of the pots, pans, dishes, serveware and utensils you need to prepare a fantastic meal. Grill out on the back deck on the gas BBQ with the sounds and views of the river as your backdrop.
Stay warm and cozy inside with the ambiance of a natural wood fire in the woodstove and the electric heat. During the summer months open the windows for the natural air conditioning of a cooling cross breeze. You will love the natural sunlight that streams in through the great room skylights all day long and and the nighttime view of the stars. The relaxing riverfront location will lure you to spend all of your time outside just gazing at the river with a good book, good company and a glass of good wine.
Protecting your family and your friends in a Mt Hood Vacation Rental
• We utilize EPA-approved chemicals to clean and disinfect the Thistle Dew after every visit so you can rest assured that everything is perfectly disinfected.
• We follow specialized processes and procedures to contain soiled linens on their way out of the Thistle Dew and to protect clean linens being delivered to the cabin to ensure there is no cross contamination.
• We launder all linens in our commercial laundry facility using detergents, sanitizers, bleach and high temperatures to kill any microbes.
• Our professional inspectors follow our cleaning teams to ensure the Thistle Dew is clean and ready for your family and friends to enjoy safely.
• We have implemented “no-contact” check-in and check-out procedures to ensure your safety. We are available by phone and email should you need assistance or have questions.
• On the Salmon River in Welches
• Open Great Room
• Semi-Secluded Riverfront Setting
• Starter Supply of Firewood Provided
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen
• 1 Queen Bed in Master Suite
• 1 Twin Day Bed in Master Suite
• 1 Full Bathroom with Walk-in Shower (Newly Remodeled - Photos coming soon
• Private, Outdoor Hot Tub
• Deck with Propane BBQ and Deck Furniture
• Cable TV
• Complimentary Wifi
• Land Line Phone w / Free Long Distance (limited cell service)
• Washer / Dryer
• Please leave your pets at home
• No Smoking
• 762 Square Feet
• Property Elevation: 1285 Feet
• Note: Snowy roads and driveway require traction devices (chains or snow tires) and 4WD for access during the winter
• Parking: Max 2 Vehicles, No Street Parking
• Sleeps 3
• No Parties, Weddings or Events, Please
Entertainment / Electronics
- Cable TV
- Land Line w/ Long Distance
- Streaming TV
- Booster Seat Rentals
- No Pets, Please
- Pack n Play Rentals
- Air Conditioning
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linens
- Great Room
- Hot Tub Towels
- Master Suite
- Mini Split Heat Pump
- Walk-in Shower
- Wall Heaters
- View Windows
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Washer & Dryer
- Slow Cooker
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Electric Range
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Linens
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Waffle Iron
- Covered Porch
- Fly Fishing
- Path / Trail to Water
- Riverfront / Creekside
- Deck Furniture
- Gas Grill
- Private Hot Tub
- Romantic Retreat
- Enter your arrival date and departure date
- Enter the number of adults and number of children who will be traveling with you
- Enter "Yes" if you will be bringing a dog with you
- Then, click on "Calculate Rental Cost"
The rental rate for this vacation rental is $135-260/Night.
Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night in our pet-friendly homes, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Accidental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Rates are subject to change at any time.
Great weekend getaway
Services from rental manager
We absolutely loved it! It was just what we needed and more! When we arrived the lights were on and the heat was on which was a nice touch. It had every little amenity we needed, and it was perfectly clean. Great neighborhood, great location and of course the best part- a hot tub right on the river! We can’t wait to come back!
Services from rental manager
Me and my wife stayed in this cabin for a week. Went on great hikes during the day and relaxed with a nice fire in the evenings. There was a Christmas tree complete with lights set up when we got there, this really set the mood. The hot tub right by the river was incredible. We will be returning very soon!
So wonderful to hear aboui your romantic Christmas at Thistle Dew. We look forward to your next visit. P.S. This setting is amazing during the summer, too.
Services from rental manager