Stay with us at Marshall Cabin
About this Vacation Rental
Drive in during the summer – ski or snowshoe to this modern cabin surrounded by snowy forest in the winter. Bring your stand up paddle boards, canoes and kayaks for floating around Trillium Lake just 2 miles from Marshall Cabin. Or hop on your mountain bike or take a hike right out the front door and explore the back roads and trails. You can forage for wild huckleberries in August and September for your morning pancakes. During the winter months ski and snowshoe around Trillium Lake or relax inside by the fire and watch the snow fall through the windows. Downtown Government Camp is just two miles from the cabin. Winter access is 1 1/2 miles and 45-60 minutes of cross country skiing from your car.
Cook out on the gas BBQ during the summer months overlooking the Mt Hood National Forest and spend time with your friends and family while you share stories of your day’s adventures. In the winter, location is an absolute mecca for those who love cross country skiing and snowshoeing, with miles of trails right out the front door. Come home to a warm and cozy cabin with a fire in the woodstove and lots of games and puzzles.
The fully equipped kitchen is set up to cook a feast with all full-sized appliances including a range and oven, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, dishwasher and all of the pots, pans, utensils and serveware that you will find in other vacation rentals. The master suite bathroom includes a walk-in shower and the second bathroom has a tub and shower enclosure.
This 3-level cabin sleeps up to 8 guests with a master suite on the main floor including a queen bed and walk-in shower. The second bathroom is on the main floor with a tub and shower enclosure. Downstairs you will find 2 more bedrooms, one with a queen bed and the other with a queen bed and twin bed. The 3rd level upstairs is an open bedroom ideal for kids with one queen bed, one double bed and two twin beds. Your dogs are welcome to join you at the Marshall Cabin for an additional charge.
Protecting your family and your friends in a Mt Hood Vacation Rental
• We utilize EPA-approved chemicals to clean and disinfect the Marshall Cabin after every visit so you can rest assured that everything is perfectly disinfected.
• We follow specialized processes and procedures to contain soiled linens on their way out of the Marshall Cabin and to protect clean linens being delivered to the cabin to ensure there is no cross contamination.
• We launder all linens in our commercial laundry facility using detergents, sanitizers, bleach and high temperatures to kill any microbes.
• Our professional inspectors follow our cleaning teams to ensure the Marshall Cabin is clean and ready for your family and friends to enjoy safely.
• We have implemented “no-contact” check-in and check-out procedures to ensure your safety. We are available by phone and email should you need assistance or have questions.
• 2 Private acres surrounded by the Mt Hood National Forest
• Drive to the Cabin, May 16 – Oct 31; Access via Cross Country Skis or Snowshoes, Nov 1 – May 15 (No vehicle access)
• Woodstove; Firewood Provided
• Fully-Equipped Kitchen
• 1 Queen Bed in Mid-level Master Suite
• 1 Queen Bed in 1st Bedroom Downstairs
• 1 Queen Bed & 1 Twin Bed in 2nd Bedroom Downstairs
• 1 Queen Bed, 1 Double Bed, 2 Twin Beds in 3rd Level Bedroom
• 2 Full Bathrooms
• Large Covered Deck with Deck Furniture
• Propane BBQ during the Summer
• Streaming TV
• Land Line Phone w / Free Long Distance (limited cell service)
• Complimentary Wifi
• Washer / Dryer
• Your Dog is Welcome to Join You
• No Smoking
• 2252 Square Feet
• Property Elevation: 3681 Feet
• Parking: Max 3 Vehicles
• No Street Parking
• Sleeps 8
• No Parties, Weddings or Events, Please
• During the winter, there is a refundable Pack It In, Pack It Out Deposit
Entertainment / Electronics
- Land Line w/ Long Distance
- Streaming TV
- Bath Towels
- Bed Linens
- Forced Air Heating
- Great Room
- Master Suite
- Walk-in Shower
- View Windows
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Washer & Dryer
- Smooth Electric Cook Top
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Linens
- Paper Towels & Napkins
- Waffle Iron
- Covered Porch
- Path / Trail to Water
- Walking Trails
- Riverfront / Creekside
- Deck Furniture
- Gas Grill
- Dog Friendly
- Enter your arrival date and departure date
- Enter the number of adults and number of children who will be traveling with you
- Enter "Yes" if you will be bringing a dog with you
- Then, click on "Calculate Rental Cost"
The rental rate for this vacation rental is $175-$435/night.
Rates do not reflect discounts, specials or promotions. If applicable, rates will be adjusted at time of booking.
Rates do not include additional pet rent of $25 per night in our pet-friendly homes, Guest Services Fee, 7.8% lodging tax, Accidental Damage Protection or Travel Insurance.Minimum 2-night stay required most of the year, with the following exceptions:
- 3-night minimum stay during Holiday Weekends and Spring Break
- 4-night minimum stay during Thanksgiving Weekend and Early & Late Summer Vacation
- 5-Night minimum stay during Christmas Vacation and Peak Summer Vacation
Rates are subject to change at any time.
The Marshall Cabin is a lovely, well organized home a few steps from a small stream and at this time of year behind a locked forest service gate making for an exceptionally peaceful and private retreat.
Services from rental manager
This was our fourth time staying at the Marshall cabin in the winter. We had a fantastic time with our family and friends. The home was lovely and had everything that we needed. The skiing was great and the kids had hours an hours of fun playing in the snow.
Services from rental manager
Walking in the snow in the dark with headlamps was a magical way to travel to this precious place. My two young sons and my mother had no trouble with the walk - only challenge was keeping the paper map dry. The cabin is big, clean, comfortable, very well maintained, near a creek and not too far from neighbors. I loved the sound of the creek out the kitchen window. We built a fire every night. The bedrooms can get chilly, but there are plenty of blankets. Internet and TV worked fine, but who really needs that out here? We played board games, did puzzles and made hot cocoa at night. During the day we snowshoed, cross country skiied and built snow forts. It is not too far to hike back out to Government Camp. Overall, a wonderful escape from city life.
We love how easy it is to escape the city and enjoy the peace and quiet at the Marshall Cabin. We are happy that you and your family had this opportunity, too. The Marshall Cabin is a wonderful place to visit during the summer, too.
Services from rental manager