Mt Hood Vacation Rentals Vacation Continuation Policy in Response to COVID-19
Posted by Mt Hood Vacation Rentals | Thursday, March 12, 2020
Mt Hood Vacation Rentals Vacation Continuation Policy
Your vacation is safe with Mt Hood Vacation Rentals! Due to concerns regarding COVID-19 and traveling, Mt Hood Vacation Rentals has created a Vacation Continuation Policy. Mt Hood Vacation Rentals cares about the health, safety and well-being of all our guests, team members, homeowners and vendors.
Information about COVID-19 changes and evolves daily and we will make every effort to remain flexible and responsive to our guests’ concerns and with keeping you up to date. We have implemented our Vacation Continuation Policy to reflect and respond to the dynamics of COVID-19 allowing our guests with reservation stay dates through April 30, 2020 to move their vacation dates.
The following eligible existing reservations may be moved to a future date within 12 months of the original date of stay:
- Any guest with a reservation with stay dates through April 30, 2020 who is concerned about COVID-19 and would like to change their travel dates to a later time this year or next year through April 30, 2021.
- Reservations with purchased Red Sky Travel Insurance must first contact the insurance company and start a claim for their travel modifications. If Red Sky Travel Insurance does not cover your event, this policy may apply.
How to modify your Mt Hood Vacation Rentals reservation:
- Guests modifying their reservations due to reasons related to COVID-19 will receive a future stay credit in the amount of their original reservation total.
- This credit can be used towards rebooking the same vacation rental for any available dates to be completed by April 30, 2021. You do not need to choose your future dates right now; you can wait to see what will work for you.
- If the new booking exceeds the cost of the original booking, the guest will be responsible for any additional charges. There will be no refunds if the new booking total is less than the original total. There are no cancellation or change fees.
- If you have not made your final payment for your visit, we will move that payment out to 45 days prior to your new arrival date.
- Reservation modification is at the sole discretion of Mt Hood Vacation Rentals.
- This policy applies to reservations with stay dates through April 30, 2020.
FAQs Regarding Your Vacation
What if I am visiting between May and December?
We are grateful for your business and we truly love the opportunity to be a part of Creating Memories That Matter for you and your family. Our telephone lines have been unusually busy helping guests with March and April arrival dates, so we appreciate your patience in knowing we will be reaching out to you as we get closer to your reservation dates. Please mark your calendars to call and speak with us or email us one week prior to your arrival.
We are all in uncharted territory here as our world has not seen a pandemic like this in any of our lifetimes with global “shelter in place” and social distancing recommendations. Each week we will apply the same guidelines to your reservation as we did for our rental guests arriving prior to April 30, 2020. We will use the recommendations of medical professionals and scientists as our guidance to know when the pandemic is over and it is safe to travel.
When we are closer to your travel dates, we will show the same care and compassion for your reservation and your travel concerns as we have for our March and April guests. It is simply too early to know what will happen with your May, June, July or later vacation when in all likelihood our forests, lakes and rivers will be a place of respite for those that will have been quarantined at home for so long.
We have not yet relaxed our cancellation policy for any vacations scheduled to begin May 1 through the end of December, 2020. Most of all, we appreciate you patiently waiting until one week prior to your scheduled arrival for us to assist you with your travel questions. If you feel you must cancel now and prefer not to wait, then we will be happy to use the credit from this reservation to move your stay dates out to up to one year after your original stay dates. The telephone number to call to speak with a Vacation Planner concerning COVID-19 and your reservation is 833-556-1619.
How does MHVR clean / sanitize / disinfect?
At Mt Hood Vacation Rentals, it is standard procedure to take all the necessary precautions to ensure a safe experience for our guests. All of our properties are thoroughly cleaned, sanitized and disinfected between each stay following CDC guidelines. We take care to sanitize and disinfect surfaces and frequently touched items like remote controls and doorknobs. Our attention to detail has only increased with the introduction of COVID-19.
Can I get a refund instead of moving my vacation dates?
At this time, if the only option for you is to cancel your reservation and receive a refund, we will honor that request.
Can I rent a different vacation rental when I move my reservation?
Due to the limited availability of our vacation cabins, we can only grant a date transfer for the vacation rental that was originally reserved. If a particular property has no available dates for the rest of 2020, alternative options may be provided at the discretion of Mt Hood Vacation Rentals.
Can I let a friend or family member use my reservation?
We understand that some individuals do not feel comfortable traveling due to current circumstances. If you would feel more comfortable gifting your reservation to a family member or a friend, you may do so as long as the individual(s) can meet our vacation rental policies. We will need to know about your arrangement ahead of time, and whomever you transfer your reservation too will need to sign a vacation rental agreement and provide a form of payment for accidental damages.
Best Regards from the Team at Mt Hood Vacation Rentals
Betsy LaBarge, President and CEO
Mt Hood Vacation Planning