How to find a Professional Vacation Rental Manager
Posted by Mt Hood Vacation Rentals | Tuesday, March 16, 2010
- Outsourcing your vacation rental management will relieve you of all the headaches and stresses managing a vacation rental can give.
- Search the web for realtors and property managers and property management associations such as the Vacation Rental Managers Association to find professional property managers in your area.
- Make a short list of agencies that you are considering and get in touch with them. Call their customer service or reservation phone numbers to check out how they treat customers. Review their websites.
- Find rental management agencies that are local to the area where your vacation rental is. This sounds obvious, but you want someone who knows your market.
- Check out what conditions the property management agency requires before you place your property under their management. You will want to be sure your home is a good fit for this company. It may be worth a few updates to go with the management company of your choice.
- Once you have identified the property management agencies you are interested in, call and set up a meeting to discuss your property. Provide detailed descriptions and photos along with the address of your home before the meeting.
- Check the company's vacation rental management industry affiliation and membership. Go to the Vacation Rental Managers Association website to check.
- The property management agency you get should only be engaged in property management and not in selling properties. This is the one area I do not agree with. Many vacation rental managers are also realtors, which could be to your advantage down the road if you decide to sell. You will, however, want to insure that your manager is devoting the appropriate amount of time to the rental activity of your vacation home.
- Inquire about their accounting and billing process, their rates and all the management fees. Also ask about contracts and when statements are mailed and when payments are made. Before signing up, ask for other owner references you can talk with.
- Ask about the extent and type of marketing and advertising the vacation rental manager will provide for your rental property.
- One other area to ask about that is not included in the Howtodothings.com blog, is how the vacation rental management company will provide housekeeping and maintenance services for your property.
- And finally, once you enter into an agreement, the outsource vacation rental company will be your business partner. Communicate regularly and work with them to maximize your benefits to this relationship.
If you are looking for a vacation rental manager to manage your vacation rental home in The Villages of Mt Hood, please give me a call. I would enjoy the opportunity to discuss the rental possibilities of your vacation home with you.
Mt Hood Vacation Rentals has been established as the premier vacation rental management company throughout The Villages of Mt Hood for over 18 years under the same ownership and management. We provide full-service, exclusive property management for your home with the care and respect we would give to our own homes.
Mt Hood Vacation Rentals uses a state-of-the-art reservation software system that is tied into our website on a true real-time basis, allowing guests to book online any time of the day or night. Our property owners also have access to their accounts through a password protected log in on our website. Our website receives daily compliments on its user-friendly navigation for vacation rental guests. Our staff is available to assist owners and guests 7 days a week. And our after-hours reservation agents answer the phone 24/7/365 to ensure we never lose a reservation.
- Brightwood (1)
- Canoe (1)
- Dog (1)
- Dogfriendly (1)
- Fishing (1)
- Fly Fishing (1)
- Frog Lake (1)
- Government Camp (1)
- Hiking (1)
- Kayak (1)
- Labor Day Mountain Music Festival (1)
- Little Zigzag Falls Trail (1)
- Live Music (1)
- Lost Lake (1)
- Mountain Bike (1)
- Mt Hood (1)
- Mt Hood Vacation Rentals (1)
- Paddleboard (1)
- Rhododendron (1)
- Salmon River (1)
- Sandy Ridge Trails (1)
- Sandy River (1)
- Timberline Trail (1)
- Timothy Lake (1)
- Trails (1)
- Trillium Lake (1)
- Trout Fishing (1)
- Welches (1)
- Zigzag (1)
- Zigzag River (1)